Awesome GTI...

Can we get this back on topic?
Basicaly im after
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=13228&xSec=384

but think its a bit steep,
Most of the traders i know that use forums offer a discount to members...

clearly not on here though

That's not a bad price in my opinion. Those things look OEM when fitted and they're way better than a pillar mount.

Most traders don't offer discount to standard forum members, at least not the ones I've ever dealt with. Paid-up clubs maybe, but not forums.

They advertise prices excluding VAT on the main page and you have to read details of each product to see the actual price you pay.

To me personally, it stinks of sneaky selling techniques and makes for a bad shopping experience. Why not advertise the final price everywhere (with non-vat price in small print)? Most people that buy stuff from them are not VAT registered, are they?

I just thought I'd comment on this particular issue.
The reason we have to show Non-VAT prices on our site is down to us being an international trader and often sell our products outside of the E.U.
We do not do this because we think its a sneaky selling technique.

As Sarah mentioned we are working on getting Non VAT and Inc VAT pricing on our websites listings, but due to the amount of price changes going on with the product manufacturers throughout this year, there are a number of things we need to have sorted on the website first.

Sorry , I didnt reply to you
Yes give us a call , ask to speak to me , then I can get this arranged for you
That way you get the special price , and pay when it is posted
Sarah

I shall give thee a call towards the end of the month.

Not being funny, but it doesnt take a brain surgeon to work out with or without vat prices, thats if it says inclusive or exclusive, so for me its a pointless argument or point to make, unless you cant read or use a calculator or even both then its not exactly hard work is it.

Also on the occasions I've bought things from Awesome I dont think the prices were a rip of at all, I checked other suppliers & they were all on a par I think at the time.

These 2 things I dont agree with ok, so I dont really think the rip of comment was fair & the vat comments were stupid.

Also we have stayed on topic through the thread aswell as discussing some shortcomings of the business & Awesome have comeback with replies which is welcome I think by all members, shows willingness to listen & resolve (I Hope)

I do commend Sarah for actually coming on here & not running to the forum hierarchy to moan about our constructive criticisms, it takes someone to take the hit on the chin & then comeback, maybe I sense a change in this side of things.

I just personally would like the improvement in comms to be a permanent thing rather than just for few days, I'll leave it there as I think you'll agree its a fair comment to make & hopefully will be addressed for everyones benefit.

Hi all.
This is my first reply on this forum. I frequent the TT forum and being a new TT owner started to search for a reliable company to deal with in my neck-of-the-woods. I'd previoulsy owned modified fords and more lately Honda Civic Type R's. On the advice of experienced forum members i decided to give Awesome a call and see what the fuss was about - the reports i'd heard where all very good.
Since that time, just a few months ago now, I've been treated like one of the family! In particular, after-hours service has been most appreciated as each planned modification has been sourced and tracked down by Sarah, with regular email updates. I got an 'awesome' deal on my Milltek quad exhaust and JE Design valance (beating competitors by miles) which i've recently had fitted. Apart from this I've had a Neuspeed induction kit, H&R spacers and i've been in email discussions with Sarah about a project to fit a cold air feed, utilising the spotlight grills (on the Mk2 TT this will be a novel idea as it's only now being tackled by companies such as Osir).
The staff at Awesome have shown the same enthusiasm for these projects as their customers yearnings for help!
I've just booked my car in for KW coilovers next week and I'm genuinely looking forward to being there in that buzzing car-fan atmosphere.

Sarah if you're reading this you're a credit to the company!

Seeya soon. :thumbsup:

Sonatina

it doesnt really matter where you go for items, places will always be cheaper or more expensive than others and i think awesome are good traders. i've been dealing with them for the past week or so purchasing hoses and sensors and they were always helpful. accidently i was sold a wrong hose by them but without hesitation it was refunded and as for people be unsatisfied by them, i think its down to personal preference.
the company has been going for 20 years so there obviously doing something right, and there a well known name so there work must be good otherwise they wouldnt get the business

Not being funny, but it doesnt take a brain surgeon to work out with or without vat prices, thats if it says inclusive or exclusive, so for me its a pointless argument or point to make, unless you cant read or use a calculator or even both then its not exactly hard work is it.

Also on the occasions I've bought things from Awesome I dont think the prices were a rip of at all, I checked other suppliers & they were all on a par I think at the time.

These 2 things I dont agree with ok, so I dont really think the rip of comment was fair & the vat comments were stupid.

Also we have stayed on topic through the thread aswell as discussing some shortcomings of the business & Awesome have comeback with replies which is welcome I think by all members, shows willingness to listen & resolve (I Hope)

I do commend Sarah for actually coming on here & not running to the forum hierarchy to moan about our constructive criticisms, it takes someone to take the hit on the chin & then comeback, maybe I sense a change in this side of things.

I just personally would like the improvement in comms to be a permanent thing rather than just for few days, I'll leave it there as I think you'll agree its a fair comment to make & hopefully will be addressed for everyones benefit.
Thank you for that
Sarah

Hi all.
This is my first reply on this forum. I frequent the TT forum and being a new TT owner started to search for a reliable company to deal with in my neck-of-the-woods. I'd previoulsy owned modified fords and more lately Honda Civic Type R's. On the advice of experienced forum members i decided to give Awesome a call and see what the fuss was about - the reports i'd heard where all very good.
Since that time, just a few months ago now, I've been treated like one of the family! In particular, after-hours service has been most appreciated as each planned modification has been sourced and tracked down by Sarah, with regular email updates. I got an 'awesome' deal on my Milltek quad exhaust and JE Design valance (beating competitors by miles) which i've recently had fitted. Apart from this I've had a Neuspeed induction kit, H&R spacers and i've been in email discussions with Sarah about a project to fit a cold air feed, utilising the spotlight grills (on the Mk2 TT this will be a novel idea as it's only now being tackled by companies such as Osir).
The staff at Awesome have shown the same enthusiasm for these projects as their customers yearnings for help!
I've just booked my car in for KW coilovers next week and I'm genuinely looking forward to being there in that buzzing car-fan atmosphere.

Sarah if you're reading this you're a credit to the company!

Seeya soon. :thumbsup:

Sonatina
Oooh thank you Mark , that is very kind of you
Yes can`t wait to see if we can get that mod done for the induction
I did try the other grill , and I have taken a pic of it on my phone so I can show you just how wrong it was
But , fingers crossed we will get it sorted....someway
Thank you for your kind words
Sarah