Aviva, LV or AXA???

Choices choices

• Total voters

S32B

Reaction score
OK not the normal how much for your insurance question!

Mine is due next month and the three companies I've mentioned all come in within a few quid of each other and the level of cover is comparable, all have protected ncb, guaranteed car hire, legal cover etc. (£342-£347), I'm currently with AXA, as in the past they were a lot cheaper than the other two.

Has anyone had to make a claim and how good or bad were they?

Slightly lower quotes from quotemehappy.com and General accident, but not heard of them!!!

So which one to go for????

Mum was with LV when she claimed on her Scenic. All fine. No problems. Very straightforward. Only thing she didn’t like was that when she crashed, the recovery drivers were just a local garage and were really not nice, very abrupt, one of those down a back lane that solely live off 3rd party business like this and Green Flag or other breakdown cover. Iv been with LV too and no problems but I never claimed. I changed the following year as the renewal price was double. Apparently LV do this a lot so be careful with this. In Switzerland I’m currently with AXA on my Q2 because they offer discounts on other policies held, so I have home, health and personal liability insurance with them and each policy gets around 15-20% off for loyalty.

If you are happy with AXA and the price is competitive then perhaps it’s better to stay.

Reactions: S32B
If you are happy with AXA and the price is competitive then perhaps it’s better to stay.
Yeah that's what I first thought, but you only find out how good they are if you need to claim! Touch wood I haven't had to :) Hence why I'm looking for other members experiences ;)

Reactions: Ormesome
Might as well talk Audi v BMW v Mercedes

Basing your selection on the results on a small poll in an online car forum may not be the best selection criteria....

Defaqto, trust pilot etc might be better options

For the record LV were excellent when my S3's windows were trashed when after an attempted key theft from home the nice gentlemen vented their frustration on the car they could not steal

Reactions: Mylee, S32B, Phutters and 1 other person
Been with LV since my RS and always got a good renewal. Not had an accident claim yet, just windscreen, £120. Not the cheapest. But was very easy to deal with.

Try Direct line insurance,l saved £250 for my mum...with them Saga wanted £520 existing insurance company

Quote me Happy are online only. I have just cancelled my old policy with them when I sold my car, having been with them for 4 years. I never had to claim so can't comment there, however you CANNOT call them, can only go thru emailing them. They are fairly prompt at responding but I think back and wonder how it may have gone if there had been a claim and things hadn't gone smoothly. How quickly and easily would they have responded and chased things up for me?

Lv wasn’t the best to deal with for my claim.
Probably due to me wanting to use a dealer instead of their approved body shop. Scrutinised every little bolt that was needed and took over a month to sort as they authorised it in bits rather than Just get on with it with the dealer arguing with them for every little bit.

Reactions: S32B and Jassyo06
General Accident used to be the best in the insurance business. I would happily go with them.

Might as well talk Audi v BMW v Mercedes

Basing your selection on the results on a small poll in an online car forum may not be the best selection criteria....

You could say the same in the detailing forum, why ask which is the best polish out of a selection you are looking at? However, if you do and the majority come back with the same make then it's food for thought! :) I ask here because we are all mainly Audi drivers with similar cars, so cover levels we want etc will be about the same!

I have heard that LV are good, and based on the results so far that is being backed up....but I will also look on trustpilot as you suggested ;)

Reactions: Daveotto
Has to be LV for me.
I had a small claim and although I believe the other party was at fault or at least partly I ended up having to take responsibility or go down the court route and it wasn't worth the hassle. LV were great throughout and handled everything without fuss.
They are a mod friendly company if that's important and also discount for autonomous braking, parking sensors and dashcams.
My renewals have also always been cheaper than through comparison or direct website quotes!
The windscreen excess is quite a lot though but I would say it's the only downside for me

I've been with all of 'em but, fortunately, have never had to make a claim (*touches wood*) so can't comment on quality of service.
Like someone mentioned, QMH are email only, so I would imagine it might be frustrating dealing with them? They are, however, very cheap indeed!
GA's reviews don't look too great nowadays!

Was with LV for a good few years (took a cheaper quote from AA this year). Did make a claim and they where very efficient and no problem to deal with. May go back to them.

General Accident used to be the best in the insurance business. I would happily go with them.
Now there's a name from the past. :)
I insured my first motorbike with them in 1993 by going direct to their large building in Bishopbriggs, Glasgow.
The name disappeared for quite a few years but I see they are back now and part of the Aviva group.

Reactions: KenL
Now there's a name from the past. :)
I insured my first motorbike with them in 1993 by going direct to their large building in Bishopbriggs, Glasgow.
The name disappeared for quite a few years but I see they are back now and part of the Aviva group.

Yes they became part of the Norwich Union & Commercial Union merger before finally ending up as Aviva

Reactions: Ron240
Think you are in the minority mate!
haha.....when I got the e-mail notification of the previous post I came on to say the exact same thing....but you had beaten me to it. :D

Last edited:
lol almost 50% more with Audi!

Audi ins

lol almost 50% more with Audi!

View attachment 175611

Mate, just to really get a figure of how much Audi is inflating the cost, check to see if it still underwritten by Argeus or whatever they are called, then get a quote from Adrian Flux. They were underwritten by the same as Audi and were 900poundsd cheaper even though the insurance was exactly the same. .

I have used all three of those companies in the last 5 years and all have been good, in as much as I didn't have any issues.

all have good online access.

Been with AXA for the last two years, last March I must have hit a sweet spot because my renewal terms where better then I could get on any of the comparison website for decent insurers. Checked for the same policy on Compare the following day after renewing and it was £200 more.

I’ve been with Aviva for the past 3 years, although they messed us around a little on our renewal price they’re still the cheapest by miles. Only past £500 odd for my S3 at 23!

Looked at switching to AXA as their price was competitive but few sketchy reviews online put me off.

I’ve heard good things about LV but they’ve always been mega expensive for me and they’re not very friendly for young drivers (under 25’s) so a no go for me at the moment.

Just had my renewal from LV my premium is £142 cheaper than last year, happy days.