Avant with factory mudguards fitted

DickoB8

A6 Avant Black Edition
Reaction score
After months of searching finally found a Black edition with high spec which we’ve left a deposit on should be a nice step up from our current B8 A4 especially now we’ve had our 2nd child.

I’m considering fitting some of the factory mudguards to help with protection from stones and general grime. If you’ve got some fitted to your C7 could you please upload a photo so I can see how they look.

Thanks in advance

Why not fit the protective clear vinyl to the bottom of the arches/doors etc

It’s actually already got the vinyl fitted which was a nice surprise when I viewed it. It’s more for the protection of the sill and lower wings, coming from B8 A4 which love to rust from stone chip damage I’m possibly a little paranoid about having to replace the wings again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has had them from new is yours a facelift ?

951E0BE8 12F9 4221 95D0 0D5BD3CD95CD

AA659F0F 3F7F 436E B8AB 2CE0FDADACD1

Reactions: DickoB8
IMG 0544

The Mudflaps are quite small and I still get mud thrown up from the from front ones and it hits the the sill just around the rear edge of front door. Saying that no pebble rash on lower half of the car so far. They cost about £85 a pair and are good quality from Audi.

Reactions: DickoB8
Thanks guys they both look spot on I’ll get some ordered once I’ve picked the car up. It’s a 66 plate so facelift :) I can’t wait now I’ve wanted one for years!

Reactions: Bulldog
Hi everyone, sorry to gate crash the post. I am a new A6 owner and I have been pondering about mudguards - are they effective and is the A6 in need of them? I'll be keeping my A6 for as long as possible, so be great to know what your experiences are?

Hi everyone, sorry to gate crash the post. I am a new A6 owner and I have been pondering about mudguards - are they effective and is the A6 in need of them? I'll be keeping my A6 for as long as possible, so be great to know what your experiences are?

Swings and round abouts I think - but found the few days I had the car before fitting them, the water on the rear screen is less on the motorway with the mud flaps fitted. Since they don't fix onto any metal they are corrosion free to fit and the moulded shape is quite pleasing on the eye - I live near farms and the mud in winter is quite bad - yes the mud collects on the flap but at least not stuck to the underneath of the car.

Reactions: ScottyNS
Thanks Neil. I've had mine a few weeks (an Avant) and I find it really strange that the only part of the car that seems to getting dirty is the back - it seems to need cleaning way in advance of anything else, sounds like mudguards may help this a little. I'll have a look on a certain audi parts website and see how much they are.

Given how little I am driving though, I don't think there is much rush!

Swings and round abouts I think - but found the few days I had the car before fitting them, the water on the rear screen is less on the motorway with the mud flaps fitted. Since they don't fix onto any metal they are corrosion free to fit and the moulded shape is quite pleasing on the eye - I live near farms and the mud in winter is quite bad - yes the mud collects on the flap but at least not stuck to the underneath of the car.
Did you fit them yourself Neil? If so were they straight forward enough?

Thanks Neil. I've had mine a few weeks (an Avant) and I find it really strange that the only part of the car that seems to getting dirty is the back - it seems to need cleaning way in advance of anything else, sounds like mudguards may help this a little. I'll have a look on a certain audi parts website and see how much they are.

Given how little I am driving though, I don't think there is much rush!
Hi Scott, cheapest I’ve found them for is around the £100 mark for the front and rear from Audi parts direct.

Did you fit them yourself Neil? If so were they straight forward enough?

Yes very easy - best to take the wheel off ( it does say that in the instructions ) - hold the mud flap against the wheel arch as they only fit one way to the contours of the wing / sill - drill a hole and screw in the locations shown with a drill - there is also one screw to fit underneath ( drill on ground & drilled up ) so a cordless one is best.

You also remove some screws of the wheel arch liner and use the same holes to fit the mud flap to - and some other small clips to hold 'bits together ' which I have forgotten about :)

The below are from the internet from a e-bay advert to you an idea.

Front and rear are the same type of fittings with all supplied.
Took about 15 mins per wheel - oh the wheel + tyre are heavy buggers.

S l1600
S l1602