Avant SE ongoing project

ScooB

Reaction score
Hi everyone I've just bought a set of lights off a member on here and I thought I'd upload my ongoing SE project. It's had a few things done with the latest being a revo induction kit.

I've been working on a tight budget but its not bad for a SE

What does everyone think good or bad.

Image c3a6a296429a820c57cc4762a2331c29ec942d72668bc353dedf3203de19dc78 V

Reactions: Chop., xpoweruk, tolse7 and 3 others
Hi mate.
Car looks sweet. Wish I could get those fog light surrounds for my S line!
Love the front splitter and the chrome wing mirror cover.
Anything else planned

Thanks mate its a 2.0 tfsi so I've just had the revo intake installed and I've got the revo downpipe ordered ready for it to be mapped.

I've also bought s line rear lights which I need a harness for and there's more to come lol

Hi everyone I've just bought a set of lights off a member on here and I thought I'd upload my ongoing SE project. It's had a few things done with the latest being a revo induction kit.

I've been working on a tight budget but its not bad for a SE

What does everyone think good or bad.

View attachment 76777

Cracking looking car mate, with lots of potential.

Black Beauty..............
what size rims do you have and how much have you lowered it by..

These pics are a few months old and once the weather is nicer or I've done the downpipe and map I'll post some more.

Attachments

• image-01bd4d0c4edee0cf287d6159a661bbd497869a646c7a466fd1e2fe7bbcb6f8fb-V.jpg
    image-01bd4d0c4edee0cf287d6159a661bbd497869a646c7a466fd1e2fe7bbcb6f8fb-V.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 232
  • image-b6ec0689e28737535c1974981e59b5a20f5c6b029051c8435c790ffd3c48353d-V.jpg
    image-b6ec0689e28737535c1974981e59b5a20f5c6b029051c8435c790ffd3c48353d-V.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 20150921_173411-COLLAGE.jpg
    20150921_173411-COLLAGE.jpg
    978.7 KB · Views: 237
Reactions: xpoweruk
Black Beauty..............
what size rims do you have and how much have you lowered it by..
There 20s lowered on eibach pro springs I think 35mm at back and 40mm front that is an estimate because I can't remember the exact mm lol sorry. Coilovers are planned eventually.

Hello mate and thanks these were bought on eBay last year some time.

I'll look back who from when I have a little time.

Reactions: NL316
Hi mate.
Car looks sweet. Wish I could get those fog light surrounds for my S line!
Love the front splitter and the chrome wing mirror cover.
Anything else planned
Near side fog light surround has a removable backing plate which just pulls off. You can then replace this with black mesh sourced on eBay and stuck on with araldite or something similar. Offside more tricky but you can carefully cut away the back just leaving the horizontal bars in place and then cut and fit mesh to fit.

Hi ScooB, this is the exact look I'm after for my S4 Avant, I think the RS grill combined with the splitter looks fantastic. Great Job:hubbahubba:

Can I ask where you purchased the splitter from?

Thanks s4_Lee I got the front splitter from nktuning and it's made from GRP for about 100 quid. It wasn't the best fit but thankfully I have friends who have a body shop and it's OK.

Now all I need is s4 performance lol I'm getting there......kinda lol

You've done a lovely job on that :)

Reactions: ScooB
Great looking black Avant.

Don't put coilovers on it especially with 20" you'll ruin the ride .

Go Eibach Sportline.

Reactions: GjrBartlett, Chop. and xpoweruk
Thanks guys and gazwould the coilover thing is that through experience mate as I'll be looking into this properly sooner than later?

And xpoweruk how is the s4 to drive with 500bhp because it sounds awesome lol. I put a revo induction kit and revo downpipe on my 2.0t before getting it mapped by Andrew Gallagher at AG Motorsports and I noticed a hell of a difference so I would love a shot of yours.

And thanks to everyone all with cracking looking cars commenting on my SE it's been a labour of love since I got it

Reactions: NL316, GjrBartlett and Chop.
20160303 135449 COLLAGE20160303 155932
I bought a set of mirror shells\covers as I only had stick on covers untill I found a decent priced set and here they are. They're not bad actually.

I have the stick on covers(the ones in my first post) if anyone wants them.

Reactions: xpoweruk, Rich M, NL316 and 1 other person
Looks great mate. Where did you snap them up from?
Cheers mate they were from AliExpress and it was my first time using it. They were about 70 quid delivered and they came within 9 days which was not too bad. They are a good fit too.

I haven't worked out how to get a link as it's from the AliExpress app

Reactions: xpoweruk and NL316
Fantastic looking B8, the front end is looks epic as the splitter and black grill finish it off nicely

@Rich M thanks mate although I'm thinking of doing the front lip of the splitter and the rings silver!!!

Reactions: Chop., GjrBartlett and xpoweruk
Cracking looking car what size tyres are you running
Thanks Dsport the tyres are 245/35/20 but the correct size is 255/30 I think. These have a slight stretch as I was ordering these online and the car was sitting low I didn't know if the 255s would cause rubbing issues and after a couple of back and forths the guy suggested the 245. I do get very minimal rubbing when cornering slightly hard though

ScooB, have you removed the screw from the inner front wheel arch, if not, try removing it as this is usually the cause of slight rubbing on A4's.
Run you hand under the front wheel arch, it's along the top of it, had this when I lowered my A4, removed and problem solved.
JG

Reactions: Chop.
Looking good your not to far from me I have been to Andrews garage a few times for rolling road days

@JG Yeah I've removed it mate it was someone on here who suggested it. It only happens on sharp corner braking when I'm going over a slight bump on our crappy roads.

@Bob stone HI there it was a friend who knows Andrew who arranged it all and it's going great. I came down from johnstone and picked it up later that day.

Do you stay close to AG?

About 40mins away stay just off the m74 at blackwood glad all is going well

@JG Yeah I've removed it mate it was someone on here who suggested it. It only happens on sharp corner braking when I'm going over a slight bump on our crappy roads.

@Bob stone HI there it was a friend who knows Andrew who arranged it all and it's going great. I came down from johnstone and picked it up later that day.

Do you stay close to AG?

Plenty of crappy roads round my way, glad to hear they're not just in Ayrshire though, lol.
JG

Yeah JG the roads are awful here I didn't realise you were close as well mate. Im constantly weaving left and right avoiding bumps.

Yeh, just down the bumpy road from you mate, need to get a wee meet set up when the weather gets better, think there's a few new & old members quite close to both of us, hopefully the roads will be sorted by then, hehehe!
JG

I'm up for that mate I would like to have a good look at other people cars but I think the roads will be crap for the foreseeable future lol

Reactions: RS5 JON
I'm up for that mate I would like to have a good look at other people cars but I think the roads will be **** for the foreseeable future lol

We'll sort out something mate, are you attending the Scottish Motor Show, check out the Scotland section, there's an ASN list started for a show stand, we won best outdoor stand last year.
JG

Yeah mate I was thinking of going to it and I'll have a look at the Scottish section and see what's what cheers.

Reactions: RS5 JON