Avant rear wheel poke question.

keany221

Reaction score
Right I have the coilovers fitted on the avant and have noticed that the right wheel pokes slightly more than the left with same et wheels and same width adapters.

Am I right in thinking the right rear hub stands out slightly further in order to allow clearance for the neck on the fuel tank?

Attachments

• IMG_0863.JPG
    IMG_0863.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
It's got something to do with lowering your car .. standard hight cars measure the same on both sides

Never heard that before, I'm looking at the back of mine now in a nicely lit staff car park and both look pretty even to me

Does that not rub like mad?

Only with quite a bit of weight in the back. It is getting raised about 10mm on the back though and the fronts are coming down about 10 mm I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll get a photo of each side when I go outside and post on here to show what I mean too. Both wheels are et 35 and 20mm adapters so overall et15.

The reason I say about the clearance of the fuel tank neck is coz years ago I vaguely remember someone saying that a mk2 golf did it for this reason.

Can't really tell as much from the photos but it's about 5mm further out on the right hand side. And that's the only tyre that's rubbing and it's annoying me as I don't want to raise it up. Might have to source a 15 mm hubcentric spacer

Last edited:
That looks like a camber issue have you had it up on stands to measure both sides to see what's out? Or check for play?

That looks like a camber issue have you had it up on stands to measure both sides to see what's out? Or check for play?

Nah it's definitely not mate. Everything Is solid no play. I've just done another general google search and it seems to be a lot more common than people think.

I'd be straight off down to the local 4-wheel alignment centre. I measured mine and the distance is even both sides to the mm.

Nah it's definitely not mate. Everything Is solid no play. I've just done another general google search and it seems to be a lot more common than people think.

If it's been checked then fair enough - just checked my lowered Advant and 0 deviation from side to side.

Like I said before it's got something to do with lowering your car