avant parcel shelf/cover

Leaky Lloyd

Reaction score
ahdo people

the rear parcel shelf cover on my avant has the tendancy to flip back at a rate of knots when i go over speed bumps and stuff,,is there out i can do to sort this????

I'd be interested to know as mine occasdionally does it too. Generally it's fine though.

Anyone?

If you put an 1" of heat shrink tubing with glue inside ( electrical wholesalers should stock ) and heatshrink it on to the tabs of the roller and before it fully cools down and the glue sets put the roller into position and just push it a little into the slots to mold the glue/heatshrink. I haven't and a problem since

there you go fella's,,, someone with the answer,, nice one pal,,ill crack on with that then!!!!

just found this on elsa:
part number 8E9 898 661 4PK should fix this problem
dcdctf.jpg

qqv2pv.jpg

11qpezk.jpg

Reactions: cwrighty57
I dont see how this is happening if you have hooked it in properly .

If you put an 1" of heat shrink tubing with glue inside ( electrical wholesalers should stock ) and heatshrink it on to the tabs of the roller and before it fully cools down and the glue sets put the roller into position and just push it a little into the slots to mold the glue/heatshrink. I haven't and a problem since

Yep that worked for me too :)

just found this on elsa:
part number 8E9 898 661 4PK should fix this problem
dcdctf.jpg

qqv2pv.jpg

11qpezk.jpg

Hi Lads, picked up my first 07 avant a while back, annd have had same problems with the cover i just got this part from audi ti fix hopefully, ordered this part number got just one of these in a bag do i need another of the same number or diferent number for left and right side, thanks in advance

do you get both sides with this part number, got one today but only 1 in bag i presume i need a left and right , cheers

Got a pair in the bag when i got mine. Not had a problem with the load cover since fitted. Cost around a tenner

cheers for the quick reply Mark, back to audi tomorrow so, great to hear it works well,

Adrian

I too got these from Audi as it too did my head in with the cover constantly opening going over speed bumps one of lifes little niggles but well worth buying and installing works a treat.

Cheers lads got the full kit from audi yesterday inc the 2 screw's needed. Great job:)

Two screws? I just unscrewed the existing screws and used those.

There was 2 in the kit. Could be same not sure just used them anyways. Was there some in your kit?

Don't remember any being in mine fella, but saying that it was a while ago that I did this!