Avant Load Cover Question?

Reaction score
Had my new car 7 days now, replaces a 2017 Avant so I thought I knew the car etc.
The load cover got stuck in the retract position but I seem to have sorted it by removing and replacing it. However, it doesn't begin to return to the covered or lower position until after the boot has latched. On my '17 car it came down as the boot closed. Can anyone tell me if they've changed the setting on newer cars or is mine out of sync?

A bit of a pedantic question I know, but now it's got stuck once which never happened in my used and abused previous car. Plus and there are a few other niggling faults in the same area, it's just got me thinking.

Thanks in advance.

In my 2016 Avant the load cover would almost always extend into position at the same time as the tailgate was closing. But every now and again (maybe twice a year?) the tailgate would fully close before the cover would start to move towards the extended position.

I never had any instances of the cover getting stuck in the retract position during 4 years of ownership.

I've taken delivery of my 21 plate A4 Avant. I can confirm that the load cover only begins to move into position once the tailgate is fully closed. Seems this has been changed on newer models.