Avant LED tail-light question

Reaction score
Hi - I've got the PFL (2012) A6 Avant with the full LED light pack... the driver's side reverse light failed (picked up and notified on the big DIS screen between the dials)...

The parts database seemed to only show bulbs for the 2012 rear lights and when I phoned up Audi and gave them my reg, they initially quoted me ~£250+VAT for the whole inner light unit, but then quickly revised it down a *little* to £4.50 for a single bulb... but the bulb is halogen...

The Audi parts guy had my reg/chassis details and said it was advising "LED only" for all the other replacement parts, but that the reverse lights were halogen.

I'm the only person who has ever driven the car, so I've never seen the back of my car when it's in reverse, so I wasn't in a position to contradict him, but does that make sense?

Having a quick look around on other forums it does appear the reverse lights on Pre-FL cars have halogen bulbs for reverse only, the rest of the light is LED.

Reactions: BahnStormer77
Thanks for confirming... it does sound like that is the case.

I'll drop a note back here if it isn't - just in case somebody else is searching for this, but pre-FL with LED's probably isn't a huge group - although I think the rear-only LED option might have been a bit more sensibly priced, I seem to remember that the front+rear LED's were a £3000 optional extra... which might be why I've got the only A6 that I've ever seen with front LED's (excluding the RS6).

Now to work out how to get to it :)

My PFL black edition has the LED rear lights and I could of sworn it has the LED reverse too. It is a 2014 though so quite a late PFL