Avant DIS Door Warning Problem

PAULF

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2.5 TDi Avant Quattro, 2000 W plate, and the door warning system is playing up.
When the tailgate is opened, it shows up on the DIS, however none of the other doors show up.
The headlight alarm works, as do the interior lights, front and rear, and the red door 'corner' lights. I have checked the alarm/central locking switches with VAG-COM, and they appear to work. I suspect a relay or controller as I don't believe all four door wires have gone together, but cannot decipher the German wiring manual sufficiently to trace the workings. There appears to be a relay in the 8 point box, but I am not sure that this doesn't control the red door corner lights as these seem to be called door warning lights too.
Has anybody any clues?

No, it's analogue.
The dashboard is the Pre-2000 model year with three plugs. (This car seems to bre on the change point for most things!)

Ok, i dont think the analog clock models can do individual door open warnings, that only came with the digital clock upgrade in early 2000.

Perhaps someone else can confirm this though.

Thanks, guys, just to clarify,
I do get a warning for the tailgate open with the car door synoptic page, should I get any warning for any other door on the DIS? (Whole screen?)
(It's just I thought I used to have one - but could be imagining it!)