Avant boot Trim removal

Spearo

Reaction score
Interested to know if anyone has a technique for removing the silver trim piece ( scuff plate ) at the rear edge of the avant load bay ?
I drive with the seats flat and so no load cover - the reflection in the rear window at night is annoying so I want to wrap it with some vinyl- I’d just rather do it off the car if possible

I do too, but I've always driven with a black solid boot liner which hides it, so no issues:

20181023 IMG 8005
20181023 IMG 8004
:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=8W0061170&_sacat=0

Interested to know if anyone has a technique for removing the silver trim piece ( scuff plate ) at the rear edge of the avant load bay ?
I drive with the seats flat and so no load cover - the reflection in the rear window at night is annoying so I want to wrap it with some vinyl- I’d just rather do it off the car if possible
It should lift straight up

Reactions: pagenotfound
rasA4 is correct. Just had a look on mine and you take out the boot floor/spare wheel well cover and the metal strip is fixed to the rearmost plastic trim that the boot floor rests on. A sharp upwards tug will unclip it and then you should be able to lift it out, will also need to peel back the rubber boot seal.