Avant boot lid not fully closing. Any ideas?

A4AvantBlackEdition

Reaction score
My boot lid will close at the touch of a button as usual. But when it’s all the way closed it’s not locking into place and shows the symbol that it’s not closed on the dash. It’s definitelt not locking into place and you can move the boot lid afterwards.

Is this something obvious I can sort myself or is it another trip to the dealers?

Thanks guys.

My boot lid will close at the touch of a button as usual. But when it’s all the way closed it’s not locking into place and shows the symbol that it’s not closed on the dash. It’s definitelt not locking into place and you can move the boot lid afterwards.

Is this something obvious I can sort myself or is it another trip to the dealers?

Thanks guys.

You haven’t left a key in the boot have you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was whiring and whiring yesterday when shut as if it couldn't lock itself. I opened it and tried again and it worked.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daggerit

No worries, just thought I'd check because I'd certainly had a moment or two where I was extremely confused as to why it wasn't closing properly and it just turned out I'd left the spare key in a bag and it didn't like it. Haha. User error rather than the car in that case!

No worries, just thought I'd check because I'd certainly had a moment or two where I was extremely confused as to why it wasn't closing properly and it just turned out I'd left the spare key in a bag and it didn't like it. Haha. User error rather than the car in that case!
Sorry. My “no” probably came across a bit abrupt. Wasn’t intentional. It was more like a “no, sadly. I wish it was something simple like that”

Looks like another trip to the dealer. 4 hour round trip there and back. Yay.

Sorry. My “no” probably came across a bit abrupt. Wasn’t intentional. It was more like a “no, sadly. I wish it was something simple like that”

Looks like another trip to the dealer. 4 hour round trip there and back. Yay.

With an open boot? Haha.

Don’t worry about it, just wasn’t sure if you thought I was being sarcastic or something with my response.

Reactions: A4AvantBlackEdition
With an open boot? Haha.

Don’t worry about it, just wasn’t sure if you thought I was being sarcastic or something with my response.

No. Not at all. As it’s something my wife would probably do. Haha

Reactions: Daggerit
BUMP

I'm experiencing this issue now, did you get it resolved?

The boot closes at the press of the button but doesn't latch shut, just as you described.

I managed to get it to latch by using the driver door release to open and close it about 3-4 times.

The car won't close with one of the doors/boot open.

Thanks

Hi
I was experiencing the same issue. It was the cable of the boot that it was a wee loose, so it was mechanic issue at the end
Cheers

Reactions: Mr Olympik
I have this exact same issue, however every now and then the motorised tailgate does not motprise at all and I have to physically drag it up or push it down, must be an electrical issue but due to the Zombie Apocalypse I cannot get a collection nor loan car so I am a little stuffed.

Mine cleared itself up, I think it must have been due to the cold. Had to start the closing procedure and then push down the boot really hard at the end to ensure it latched.

Have an intermittent parcel shelf issue too, but opening and closing the boot usually sorts it.