Avant Black Edition

James_TDi

Reaction score
After a small delay it's finally arrived! Ordered May 16th so not far off 4 months, but well worth the wait!
Not had much chance to drive it yet, going to give it a better run tomorrow although still taking it easy for a bit. Absolutely loving it so far.

It's a lease so no real plans other than a coat of wax, set of roof bars and a boot liner.

Hastily taken photos shortly after arrival:

IMG 0690
IMG 0692
IMG 0694
IMG 0702

Reactions: Audimad, Jakes2514, Migwire and 9 others
Very nice indeed those alloys are the best enjoy the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: James_TDi
Awesome looking car. Enjoy. :) x

Gorgeous! Interesting that you had to wait so long, what dealer was it? I was told this week by Stoke Audi that if I ordered now I should have the car this year, but yes I am sceptical.

what dealer was it?
Swansea.
From other posts on here and VWAF I don't think 16 weeks is typical - I suspect it arrived on time and they just wanted it registered in September not August but I wasn't in a rush and their service was excellent didn't really question it.

I see. Beautiful car anyway, enjoy!

Btw, which black is it?

nice motor, making me want mine even more!

Ditto ... end of October seems an age to wait until my new one arrives.

think mine will be a couple of weeks now, fingers crossed

Reactions: Tips
The build on mine isn't due to start until the 26th Sept. I'm probably being optimistic at the end of October but I can hope.

Same for me, ordered on the 10th may, Black edition saloon, due to build w/c26th sep so looking end of october, its been a long wait!

May? Wowsers!
My dealer must have pulled the stops out then as I only ordered mine on 13th August!
Having said that, it's more likely to be a timing thing and that September was 'Black Esition' month regardless of when you ordered it.
As per a previous post, my dealer told me I'd got the last build slot (after he's done some haggling with another dealer) for this year as the next run isn't until Jan 17.

ordered 6th August, due to start on 5th September, and it's already left the factory :)

sorry for the thread hijack lol

Cool so a week build time.
Just a question of how long it takes to get to the dealer. I'll keep an eye out for a post when you get yours to gauge when I might get mine. :)

Nice motor though James. They are worth the wait!
So what, if any, mods are you planning on?

So what, if any, mods are you planning on?
Nothing planned - it's a lease so modding it just means more faff to put it back after. It's superb already, doesn't really need anything anyway.

Reactions: Tips
Ouch. May 16th to Sept 8th was long enough for me.

I'm not sure why its taken so long, I was provisionally given a date of the 6th of august, it has however been purchased through a lease company via sheffield audi so I'm not sure whether that makes a difference.
I was given some spiel that its due to some special discounting/price protection etc. Not sure what that would have to do with it, it was a good price though.

7 days and 500 miles later, absolutely loving it. Comfortable, drives lovely, the gearbox is superb and the MMI is easy to use. MPG is steadily improving. Never feels like I'm going as fast as I am - even in Efficiency I've found myself going 80+ without realising. I expected the car to be superb, and it's exceeded those expectations by miles.

3 irritating things about it, although they're pretty minor.
  • Nowhere to the right of the accelerator to rest my foot when using cruise control like the Golf has
  • Mirrors don't fold in when locking the car - need to be folded in using the mirror switch beforehand. Known software problem to be solved with an update in the near future
  • Bluetooth is occasionally iffy but only when connecting to my iPhone. No problems at all with my Blackberry but a couple of times I've had to turn Bluetooth off and on again to make it work with my iPhone. This seems better with iOS 10 and there's apparently an update to improve it but will discuss this when it goes in for the above update

Fantastic looking car . Re mirrors look up in google "audi a6 c7 vcds mods" . It could be possible to turn them on plus you will find other tricks :)

2006 Audi A6 3.0TDI quattro sline le mans | Daytona Grey Pearl

Re mirrors look up in google "audi a6 c7 vcds mods" . It could be possible to turn them on plus you will find other tricks :)
I need to upgrade VCDS as I've only got the MicroCAN which doesn't work with the A6.
It's a known software problem though - there are 3 options missing from the MMI and the mirrors is just 1 of them so I'll wait for the update either way for that.

Auto fold mirrors was an option with auto dim mirrors? Considering I have the same manual ability in my outgoing 2004 car; this really should be standard now! If you can activate it in VCDS then that's a bonus :)

Covered over 1k miles now. Long term economy is 45.2mpg (according to the DIS) which is the same as the Golf manages long term.

Gave it a wash earlier and fitted some Whispbars. Whispbar now make them in black so I don't need to wrap them like I did on the Golf.
As the flush rails mean the bars stick up quite a bit, I'll probably take them off when not needed rather than leaving them on all the time.

IMG 0739

IMG 0740

Reactions: Jakes2514
Covered over 1k miles now. Long term economy is 45.2mpg (according to the DIS) which is the same as the Golf manages long term.

Gave it a wash earlier and fitted some Whispbars. Whispbar now make them in black so I don't need to wrap them like I did on the Golf.
As the flush rails mean the bars stick up quite a bit, I'll probably take them off when not needed rather than leaving them on all the time.

View attachment 104533
View attachment 104534

I don't need any just yet but they look nice. Can I ask how much they set you back?