AVANT A4 B8 AUTOMATIC GEARBOX SHAKES WHEN START MOVING SLOWLY UP HILL

seamaster

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone heard or experience this :
My A4 Avant B8 2008 multitronic gearbox shakes badly when I move from stop to slow speed, specially while uphil position.

Please reply with whatever you know about this.
Thanks.

flywheel?
Hi everyone

My A4 Avant B8 2008 multitronic gearbox shakes badly when I move from stop to slow speed, specially while uphil position.

Thanks.

Reactions: seamaster
How many miles has it done?

When was the oil last changed?

My 2013 is much smoother than my 2008 was. When reversing up a hill with the 08 it would wait for a while then lurch away.

How many miles has it done?

When was the oil last changed?

My 2013 is much smoother than my 2008 was. When reversing up a hill with the 08 it would wait for a while then lurch away.

The engine oil was recently changed.

Mine is a manual and the car shakes a bit when moving off, maybe they all do this?

Reactions: seamaster
The engine oil was recently changed.

Not the engine oil!!!!

The transmission oil. This probably needs an oil and filter change.

The clutch in the multitronic is totally different to the manual. No comparison whatsoever.

Mine is a manual and the car shakes a bit when moving off, maybe they all do this?

If it does this on clutch take up then that will be your dual mass flywheel. They are shyte. Mine was doing this from new but only for three or four times a month so of course it didnt happen when i took it to the dealers (sods law). Seemed to be worse after a long run. Dont let this lie, kick up about it. Should be smooth.

Hi everyone

Thanks.

Might be worth having a word about a software update just in case. I know that some vdubs have an update.

The multitronic box does not use a crappy dual mass flywheel and conventional dry friction clutch......