Auxiliary issues with retrofit RNS-E install

robapp1985

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well I've spent most of the day and this evening trying to retrofit an RNS-E with a CD-changer to my 59 plate A3 Black edition, all working fine until I tried hooking up my Iphone to the auxiliary and noting but hissing coming from the speakers, no music!!
Anyway I've been searching aroung for a solution and apparently I need a 32 pin block, part number 1J0 972 977 G and I'll need to swap a few wires around to make the auxiliary work. I'd be very grateful if anyone out there could help me locate one of these 32 pin blocks and some guide on how to swap the wires around, a diagram or pictures maybe?!

Cheers,

Rob

Hi Rob,

I'm based in Skipton and can source you the plug no problem. I can also help you swop the wires over.

PM me

Cheers

Rob

It should be simple enough to do yourself using this guide: rnseauxin - Audi Retrofit

From what I can gather, the pin block is only a couple of quid from Audi themselves (if that).

Like James said, pretty easy to do.

Remove AUX wires in pins 1, 3 & 7 from plug B of the harness and stick them into the 32pin AV plug:

Pin 1 from B --> Pin 22 in 32pin AV plug
Pin 3 from B --> Pin 21 in 32pin AV plug
Pin 7 from B --> Pin 6 in 32pin AV plug

If you have BOSE you also need to move wire from Pin 5 to Pin 7 of connector B.

Reactions: CoolAsIce and SZS
Many thanks Jameze and Jb0o, shame my local Audi dealer is 30 miles away, would I be able to get the 32 pin plug from a VW dealer, theres one of them a bit nearer to me!!

Many thanks Jameze and Jb0o, shame my local Audi dealer is 30 miles away, would I be able to get the 32 pin plug from a VW dealer, theres one of them a bit nearer to me!!
hi i have the same problem does the 32 pin plug and 3 wire moved sort it m8......have u video of aux working does it work with the calls m8. thanks