Auxiliary Heating Remote Control in MY18?

psychopomp1

Reaction score
Hi,

To those of you who have the My18 B9 model, is the feature 'Auxiliary Heating Remote Control' available for you in the myAudi smartphone app?

Cheers

Hi,
Yes it is. Mmi connect and myaudi

a52e195a2cebd271a5bd6904230e194b.jpg

8320ea3ab4abe21ca4c20514589d3ce0.jpg

a3eb7c980c85ee4504dac0b9ea0695a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: psychopomp1
That's brilliant!!! many thanks :)

Based on your screenshots, it appears you're using AudiConnect app on iOS. I'm guessing the same features will also be available in the myAudi app on iOS, ie have you also used myAudi app yet in iOS? When I emailed Audi customer support in Germany a few weeks ago, they said they will eventually be withdrawing the AudiConnect app, they advise everyone to use myAudi instead.

Btw how effective do you find the remote Auxiliary heating feature? Does it really have the car nice and warm in winter prior to getting in? I'm guessing it doesn't use any fuel at all, purely battery?

Cheers

It's fitted depending on the country, we don't have it in the uk..

@vibeup
Are you located in the UK? If so, can you confirm remote Auxiliary Heating actually works on your My18 car instead of just showing up in the app?

Cheers

I hate cold so for me is more than great, it burns fuel to generate heat. 20-30 minuets in the morning will consume less than 1 Liter of fuel probably. You can also defrost the windshield
You need to have audi connect gsm connection if not you can use the special remote for auxiliary heating.
I am located in Germany. This is an optional pack.

You can also tell by the key as it will have a timer built in:
S l225

Thanks, looks like my joy was short lived lol

Will I at least get the remote lock/unlock feature in the app?

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
That came in withthe my18 SOS system I believe...

Thanks, looks like my joy was short lived lol

Will I at least get the remote lock/unlock feature in the app?
I can confirm I have the remote lock/unlock feature. Really can't think of when I would ever use it though - you still need the keys to start the engine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

How close/far do you need to be to unlock/lock via the app?

I can confirm I have the remote lock/unlock feature. Really can't think of when I would ever use it though - you still need the keys to start the engine.

I guess that's it might be more useful for those who have the advanced key then, but then what could be easier than just pulling the door handle...

How close/far do you need to be to unlock/lock via the app?
Iv locked the car from the north sea around 300 miles away when I noticed my wife hadn’t... she doesn’t use the car now.

Reactions: tickedon and Headzup
If the car has gsm connection you can unlock/ lock from the Moon if you have internet on your phone over there . It would be nice to lock the windows also for now you can check if they are closed.
8eb17758a2f4d6faf0e066143a0c3933.jpg

And here's the UK Android MyAudi version...
3c3eabf3dee62f638fae5b1dc060c85f.jpg

Why don’t you use MMI Connect?
That’s way better and has more informations like: navigation, media, car finder...
aba59a0ab53b7a6adddc1ab79999201a.jpg

Thanks, the MyAudi destinations but might be handy, although I can add these through Google maps on phone or desktop anyway. I do have the error in the screenshot though - opening the myAudi app as suggested does nothing - any ideas?
d1f037cf1b68ee574f8e0994908603ae.jpg

It looks the same as mine and that’s no problem the rest will be green when you are in the car connected via wifi.

ed7f4bd0c15c00435539a27fd9e29ac2.jpg

Reactions: Psychoscot
It looks the same as mine and that’s no problem the rest will be green when you are in the car connected via wifi.

ed7f4bd0c15c00435539a27fd9e29ac2.jpg

Ta!