Auxilary heater.

phils4s

Reaction score
Hi, another newbie question. I thought I'd read that the TDi engines have an auxiliary heater to help warm up the car quicker when you set off & that it was an option to have it so you could set this to fire up before you start the car. Do all diesels have this auxiliary heater fitted as standard & if so is it possible to wire this up on a remote ?
The reason I ask is that my previous X5 had the auxiliary heater & I rigged up a remote relay so it could be turned on from in the house, this warmed the engine water & then turned on the interior fans so the car was warm & defrosted before you started her up.
Phil

No, the auxiliary heating and cooling is an option on all models of A4 saloon/avant I'm afraid.

Ah, that's a shame, it was quite a useful feature on the X5, although It is something else to go wrong, I had one replaced under warranty & it cost nearly £1k !
Phil.

IMG 1096 Yes its an excellent feature when you are in Northern Scandinavia haha
IMG 1096
, its a webasto heater thats fitted and you can program the timer through the mmi or use the remote heats the cooling system and blows hot air through the vents. My S4 came with it but I believe its a rather costly option to spec from new. Google Defa warm-up system as thats an electrical option and a good bit cheaper . I've got one of those too as that heats the engine oil , keeps the battery fully charged and an electric fan heater in the interior if i need it. Very handy when it reaches -30 lol