Aux/Stereo help - New owner

A3James93

Reaction score
Hi all, I have recently bought an A3 and I sm wanting to play my own songs, there appears to be no aux cable except one 30pin old ipod cable in the glovebox that runs out the back and into the stereo, any ideas how I use this? I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks!

What device have you got? If it's a iPhone with a lightning cable port you can get an adapter for £25ish quid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got an iphone yeah but i can't even get the 'Ext Source' to come up on the stereo? I've tried everything, its an Audi Concert in an 08 A3, any ideas? Ive attached a pic of the stereo.

Attachments

• IMG_3553.JPG
    IMG_3553.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 132
Ok do you have a picture of the wiring? Doesn't sound OEM to me (Though I could be wrong) It may be that they've utilised the CD Changer port of the stereo, so the stereo may just think it's a CD when it's playing.

I used an xcarlink to do mine, back when I had a concert stereo. It maybe the same system.

How do i get a picture of that? Use radio keys to pull it out? Pretty desperate to get it working so i can use it as an aux though, radio isnt great!

Just a pic of the end of the cable near the glove box may be enough. Especially if it has markings/serial/model numbers etc?

Tbh you'd be best with an auxin fitted in the cabin, as its an 08, if stock head unit, we can fit auxin for you, subject to location.

Reactions: MikeSel^
Is it a original i pod dock? I have that on my 2007 s3.
Wondering how i can play my music too.

I bought a fm transmitter which does the job but aint great.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi all, thanks for getting back to me, heres a picture of the cable which comes through the glovebox.

Attachments

• IMG_3557.JPG
    IMG_3557.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 114
Is it a original i pod dock? I have that on my 2007 s3.
Wondering how i can play my music too.

I bought a fm transmitter which does the job but aint great.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Yeah its an original headunit, baffling how you play via the cable that is clearly factory fitted though

Is this one of those that you have to push the cd button until it identifies the iPod rather than the cd player? You should be able to check the cable works by connecting the ipod and see if it is charging.

That iPod connection doesn't look factory to me.....
On mine there is a proper (old fashioned) iPod dock connector built-into the glovebox housing and an iPod plugs into it.
Yours looks like someone has retro-fitted an iPod cable onto the original Concert stereo.......

try to tap cd button then play any song from your iphone /ipod plugged there and tap on cd button again should get into cd changer mode where should be attached iphone cable.