AUX not working

Robert Kelly

Reaction score
So I recently bought an 08 A3

It's got the aux in the centre, beside the handbrake. When I hit CD to use aux mode and play off my phone, no sound is coming through.

Has it been disconnected from the back of the radio? There is an old bluetooth car kit installed in the car. Would it be a case of unplugging this and putting back in the aux?

Thanks,
Rob.

Firstly it would help if we knew what headunit you had OEM or Aftermarket . Is it coded correctly using Vcd's , are all the connections connected properly in the back off unit .
I had the same problem and found it was coded incorrectly but now coded correctly and sounds brill

I havent got a chance to look at the back of the unit yet, I dont have the keys. Hopefully will have them tomorrow.

The unit is the original as far as I know, this isnt my one but it's the same as this:
ZDVlOGY3MWUzMjFiMzY0NTc5ZDAwMTQ3M2VjMTJkZjEl0cRGDRfdXGFAEfDwUB_1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MjU0NjM3N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I don't know what you mean by coded correctly.

Thanks for your help, would be great to get this sorted!

I havent got a chance to look at the back of the unit yet, I dont have the keys. Hopefully will have them tomorrow.

The unit is the original as far as I know, this isnt my one but it's the same as this:
ZDVlOGY3MWUzMjFiMzY0NTc5ZDAwMTQ3M2VjMTJkZjEl0cRGDRfdXGFAEfDwUB_1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MjU0NjM3N3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I don't know what you mean by coded correctly.

Thanks for your help, would be great to get this sorted!

Know this may sound silly but have you got an aux cable ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorted, sound lad in Halfords took out the radio for me. It had been disconnect to connect the bluetooth kit.

Reactions: Audib5fan