aux input sounds poor

cenci

Reaction score
Using the aux input in center console via 3.5mm to 3.5mm to the iPod. The sound is dreadful.

Is it a simple fix by buying a cable 3.5mm to the iPods dock connector? Will this be similar to CD sound then?

Thanks

I don't think you can get 3.5mm to iPod connection cable. Plus if it's the 3.5mm jack limiting the quality, the sound will still be passing though the same jack regardless of what connection to the iPod you make.

Also how come the sound quality is so bad? Have you tried a different cable?

You can defibately get a 3.5 to iPod cable and I'm sure someone send the quality was better as it's a digital output from the dock connector.
I must admit I haven't yet tried another 3.5 to 3.5 cable. Just wondered what everybody else's experiences were

The only 3.5 jack to iPod connectors I've seen were to enable 3.5 mm jack source to feed into an iPod dock. If you have an ipod, there is no point in these as it's better to just dock the ipod directly.

Anything ipod related running through 3.5mm is analogue - because that socket on the iPod (and 99% of other devices) is for headphones.

One thing you could try is another 3.5-3.5 lead. Also bear in mind that as you are using the headphone output, the volume on the ipod will make a difference - if it's cranked right up (or on very quiet) that may either overload the input on the car system or be too quiet respectively.

You can get 3.5mm aux leads with an iPod connection as I used to need one in my MINI to listen to my iPhones music whilst it sat in my Brodit holder.