Aux input ,how do I play music from phone?

ScottFree

Reaction score
I have Audi navigation plus in my 2011 A3, it has the AUX option but I don’t know how to plug into it to play music from my phone. There is a little adapter port in the glove box fitted with a Bluetooth dongle but that only works for calls not music , thanks

Attachments

• 54D0A84E-D095-4922-A810-77852CAC94FB.jpeg
    54D0A84E-D095-4922-A810-77852CAC94FB.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 108
Pics of the glove box unit needed, is there no auxin socket to the right of the handbrake?

Hello everyone, hopefully this is the right place to post this question. I got an A3 sportback 2011 to drive for the next couple of months, and I wanted to play some music via aux cable, since there is aux port under the arm rest. But there is no aux option. I tried holding CD button as I read that somewhere, but it didn't work.

Attachments

• IMG_2054.JPG
    IMG_2054.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 55
In the Rnse MK2 veeaion it has to be coded in the you have to so a hard reset which if i mind is Hold radio button and set up button together until the head unit reboots . Once dinished rebooting look in Source and it ahould be there . But again this is for the Rnse MK2 .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

In the Rnse MK2 veeaion it has to be coded in the you have to so a hard reset which if i mind is Hold radio button and set up button together until the head unit reboots . Once dinished rebooting look in Source and it ahould be there . But again this is for the Rnse MK2 .

Another problem I'm facing is that it's in German. I suppose I found how to reboot it but it requires somewhat installation CD (photo).
My question is how to get to the Source?

Attachments

• IMG_2110.JPG
    IMG_2110.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 61
I wouldn't be able to help you with the CD problem, have you tried to use the setup button to see what things can be changed by using it

I wouldn't be able to help you with the CD problem, have you tried to use the setup button to see what things can be changed by using it

So this is the menu when I open the settings, and I realised that "werkseinstellungen" are factory settings so once opened I have this options to click on:

Attachments

• IMG_2134.JPG
    IMG_2134.JPG
    166 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2135.JPG
    IMG_2135.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2136.JPG
    IMG_2136.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 47
Beat thing to so is find a tranalator on google and type each word in to it and see what the translation is in either english or ur own language and that should help you out . But in the end u still might need the setup CD . Not very sure aa i have never came across that type off Oem headunit

I believe you will need the navigation cd for that unit, its an Audi Navigation BNS 5.0
There are some threads about on here from long ago.