AUX in removal

Geoff_UK

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone offer any advice on removing the AUX in jack from next to the handbrake??

I want to splice into the jack from the underside so as to not have any wires showing up top. I can get the cigarette lighter socket out and the little rubber pad from the coin tray thingy, but I can't get the actual AUX in square socket out.

If I remove the trim cover from under the handbrake, I can see the wires, but just can't get my fingers onto the underside of the AUX in.

Any ideas?? I don't want to dismantle the whole centre section of the car just for this !!

Cheers

At a guess from experience of removing bits and bobs like this i'd say its a case of getting a proper trim removal tool and wedging it out. They're normally popped into place. Also if im right then splicing it isn't as simple as stripping the plastic shielding back and adding another wire to it, it'll have a ground surround and left and right channels in the centre of this which have to be individually spliced. With the gauge of the cable being so tiny u'd be best off soldering anything to it. U also run the risk of feedback and/or intermittent faults with the left and right channels not passing a signal through properly.

Just remove radio & splice it into connector there, much easier.

I'm sure the aux input will be one of the removal small blocks in the quadlock itself. Like in the pic below but they're green and blue, normally black and white in VAG's. Wiring diagram for whats what will be on the stereo itself
Quadlock_vorne.jpg

If its an rns-e, then its the grey, yellow & green wires on the 32 pin long grey connector, otherwise if its a concert etc its marked clearly on the label on top of radio in quadlock wiring.

If its an rns-e, then its the grey, yellow & green wires on the 32 pin long grey connector, otherwise if its a concert etc its marked clearly on the label on top of radio in quadlock wiring.

Many thanks - bog standard Concert HU.

something to keep me amused over the Christmas festivites. I can go and fiddle with the car when the kids are annoying me - lol

Sorry to jump in on the thread, ive got the denison link gate cable for my iphone already but if i change phone that'll be redundant, so can you retro-fit an aux on the concert unit?

Cheers

Yes if its the 07 onwards version, but its a dumb audio path so no interaction via head unit, purely via mp3 device.

Yes if its the 07 onwards version, but its a dumb audio path so no interaction via head unit, purely via mp3 device.

Thanks for the reply, it is an 05 model, so is that a no on those?

You'd need an external addon for aux in for that year of radio.