1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Aux in connects2 problem

nvc Dec 30, 2009

1. nvc

nvc Registered User

hi there,

finally get hold of a correct aux in system , connected it to my concert 2 HU,

but nothing happened. I pressed the CD button twice. it is just like the AUX

in box wasn't there.

the Ikea style manual did not really help, but I guess it was just dead simple task.
    there was a black cable was not connected to anything, I thought it was a earth grounding

could anyone shed some light, what I did wrong?

thanks a lot

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Moderator VCDS Map User

Yep the loose black wire should be grounded. I used one of the head unit casing screws to earth it.

The head unit is supposed to display CDC isn't it? Does it do that?

4. waqi

waqi Registered User

yep i've got a similar connects 2 device but with usb input. Took me ages working out which wire went where, until you ground the black wire the device has no power :keule:

5. nvc

nvc Registered User

hi

thanks for your reply , it does not display CDC, that is the problem

I will get a screw driver to ground it

6. nvc

nvc Registered User

that might be the problem will go and try it cheers

7. Mick a3

Mick a3 Mellow Yellow

what device is this? I'm interested n getting some kind of aux in for my stereo.

8. waqi

waqi Registered User

Its called Connects 2 CTAADUSB003, i bought it from a ebay shop called "rudiemods" for about £60. Not sure who else sells them but this company had good customer service too.

It has a input for usb, sd card, and aux-in.
    I was sent a 004 version by accident and that had a 'proper' aux in cable, this one is bit weird (similar to a mini-usb on one side, and 3.5mm on other)

But all in all I thought it was £60 well spent considering its connected to my chorus HU with a cassette. And the device works perfectly! I'm thinking of a sub-woofer upgrade lol :)