Aux in, CD changer adapter or aftermarket HU?

Bez.59

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just acquired a Y reg A4 B6 2.0 saloon with Concert 2 (I think) HU and amplified rear speakers and would like to have an aux in to play music on my phone.

I have an aftermarket HU from my old car that I was going to use, this one,

JVC KD-R331 CD Car Stereo with Front AUX Input CD: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I bought a wiring harness that I thought was the right one, this one,

Audi A3 A4 A6 TT Rear Speaker Amplified Bypass Car Stereo Wiring Harness Lead | eBay

But when I connected it up (with the rca ports on the back of the HU) there was no sound going to the back speakers or the sub and I won't come on with the ignition.

Any ideas why there is no sound to the rear? and how do I get it to come on and off with the ignition?

Or would it be easier to get one of those adapters that plug into the cd changer port and if so any recomendations on which one to use?

Any advise would be much appreciated thanks.

That harness is for Bose which, iirc, is wired and operates slightly different just the rear amp/sub. Also, the Bose has lower impedance on the speakers.

As you have sound to the front, you need to find the input for the rear amp and join the output from the HU to those wires.

Or try a correct harness.

I did it my old B5. Didn't take too long to work out which wires were the input for the rear speakers and sub.

Do you have a cd Changer in the glove box? If not, there is an adapter you can buy to plug into the cd changer output on the Audi HU and that will give you Aux/iPhone input. Various types out there and some will even display track details on the DIS.

Been covered many times before, run a search on Aux input.

Oh, pop over to the Newbie section and introduce yourself :)

Dan

Do you have the in-built 6cd changer? To tell, you will have buttons LOAD and EJECT on the front of the stereo towards the top. If so, then you can't use that kit in the link.