Aux/Bluetooth/Phone connection options?

Squattro4

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I apologise if this has been asked 1000 times, but my attempt at searching the forum turned up some very old results with dead links/discontinued products.

I have an 05 A4 S-line with RNS-E (Audi Navigation Plus anyway) with the 6 cd changer in the glove box, i am desperately looking for simply ANY method of connecting my phone with my radio excluding an FM frequently adaptor solution. I keep seeing things like xcarlink but then find little to know info on installation and then also references to changes being required with the VAG-COM(?) to enable AUX, short of replacing my entire head unit, is there anything i can do to get an AUX that won't cost me a couple hundred quid? I'm next to useless as the electronics also so i'd have to pay for fitting on top of whatever it is sadly.

Thanks

Where are you based?
There is a VCDS register on this site somewhere so have a look on there for someone close to you.
Cheers
Mike

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Where are you based?
There is a VCDS register on this site somewhere so have a look on there for someone close to you.
Cheers
Mike

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Nottingham, i did have a search but the only one in nottingham appeared not to be responding since april on his profile, presumed not available anymore. Thanks for the info, will look into this method then!

Not too sure tbh. I ended up doing what I suggested above as it was a cheap option.
I listen to music off sdcard mainly and don't really use the aux in, but its nice to have if needed.

ta
Mike

Not too sure tbh. I ended up doing what I suggested above as it was a cheap option.
I listen to music off sdcard mainly and don't really use the aux in, but its nice to have if needed.

ta
Mike
Brill, thanks, I've gone ahead and ordered the bit you linked me to and radio removal bits and bobs, presume it's as simple as plug and play the wire, routing it behind the changer into glove box and finding someone with VCDS?

you can also find out what coding your RNS-E has without having VCDS.
go into the engineer menu -
you wont be able to change it but you'll be able to tell what its coded for currently.

Mike

If I'd seen this sooner I may have been able to do the lot, did you order the kit as yet?

If I'd seen this sooner I may have been able to do the lot, did you order the kit as yet?

I have now finally got everything fitted and working! Got that wire, realised my firmware was too old, sourced and collected a disk to get me 0605, realised my RNS-E clips are dodgy and cannot be removed, took out the whole glove box and removed the damn thing from the back, reassembled and spoke with the guy from the ebay post above and got it programmed for £15 quid. All in all it was cheaper than the original £130 i was quoted and "official" with nice UI on screen etc, but it was extremely painful! haha.