Automatic parcel shelf runner Avant

markyboy75

Reaction score
Hi All,
The runner for the automatic parcel shelf on the A6 Avant , the little sprung hooks that are situated at the end of the runner closest to the boot lid, I have one that has broken. Audi have confirmed it’s a runner trim , would anyone have experience on this part. As I’m weary of getting replaced as in if it’s the interior trim and the colour matching due to the part being new and the rest of the car being 3 years old . Was wondering if the spring hook is actual part of the motor mechanism rather than the trim.
Thanks in Advance
Mark

Had that on my first C8 and the full trim panel was replaced by the dealer under warranty. Car was only about 12 months old so did not notice any colour difference (I had a Sport so light coloured roof lining and trim). Given it is plastic I very much doubt you will spot any noticeable difference in colour due to fading. Interesting to notice that on my current (2021) car the spring clips are no longer there. Presume there must have been a lot of failures and I am not totally sure what purpose they really had

Attachments

• 793BB83A-A0A0-47B3-9E74-183B5EC5CAC8.jpeg
    793BB83A-A0A0-47B3-9E74-183B5EC5CAC8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 100
Little tooth on other side is on a spring and this is just hanging loose .
I have exactly the same problem on the same side - were you able to resolve this and was it an easy fix please? Looking at trying to fix it myself if possible.

Last edited:
I have exactly the same problem on the same side - were you able to resolve this and was it an easy fix please? Looking at trying to fix it myself if possibl
I have exactly the same problem on the same side - were you able to resolve this and was it an easy fix please? Looking at trying to fix it myself if possible.
Mine was under warranty so they fixed for free. The whole inner pillar trim had to be replaced .

thanks

Mine was under warranty so they fixed for free. The whole inner pillar trim had to be replaced .

thanks
Thanks for confirming that, I'm hoping to just replace the broken clip if possible as I'm not sure if warranty will cover mine and can't really be bothered with the hassle of booking it in etc. If anyone has any more information or a diagram of this part then that would be very helpful.

Went to my local dealership today regarding another issue and mentioned this broken parcel shelf runner clip and they apparently submitted a warranty claim for it which was refused.

As someone has said above, I happened to look in the boot of a newer A6 Avant while I was there and noticed they've removed them altogether on the newer models so I'm guessing it was a common problem.

They told me it would cost over £350 to replace the part and I'm definitely not paying that, especially as it could just fail again. Does anyone know what these clips actually do and if it might be possible to remove one of them without causing any issues?