Automatic gear box oil change???

voleinahole

Reaction score
Morning, I'm new here so I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum

I own a 2015 Audi A4 2.0 S Line automatic with around 70k on the clock, I'm told by Audi that it has a Multitronic gear box

Its my first automatic and people tell me I should have the oil changed in the gear box, I can't find any evidence that its been done before

The problem I'm having is that I'm reading conflicting stories regarding it needing to be done

I've had one garage tell me its a sealed box and its should be life long, however they say maybe look at changing the oil after 100k miles

Audi Leeds & Bradford tell me it should be done every 38k miles

Even when I search online I'm reading the same, some say its not needed, some say it is

Audi are quoting £248 and other garages around £220

Can anyone advise me?

Thank you

Going to need more info , TDI, output , quattro , facelift , engine and gearbox code ?

Sorry.......I've find out the below but I have zero idea where to find a gearbox code?, no facelift

Model VariantA4
Model Description2.0 TDI 150 S Line 5dr Multitronic
Primary ColourGrey
Fuel TypeDiesel
Engine1968 cc
Year Of Manufacture2015
Euro StatusEURO 5
Vehicle Age7 Years 1 Months
Registration PlaceMaidstone
Registration Date27/04/2015
Last V5C Issue Date09/10/2020
Type ApprovalM1
Wheel Plan2 AXLE RIGID BODY

I think the Multitronic (CVT transmission) is every 40k?

I don't trust anything classed as sealed for life. Audi admitted to me last week that it means 100k miles and gave me a hard time when trying to get fluids for the gears/front diff and transfer case in my car which is classed as "Sealed for Life". I went elsewhere and got genuine fluid online from Audi in Wales.

Another example is the ZF8 transmission in Jaguar and BMW. They both class it as sealed for life, yet ZF who make the transmission say it should be changed at about 60k miles. I did mine at 70k and the fluid was ******. Stank to high heaven.

No such thing as "sealed for life". That's marketing bull sh@t.
"Life" means the 3-year warranty, after that the car owner takes the big hit.

Reactions: spartacus 68
Multitronic gearboxes have to have the automatic transmission fluid changed every 38,000 miles. Did you buy privately or from a dealer? If it was from a dealer, and they cant produce evidence that it was done, I really would recommend you ask them to give you your money back.

Reactions: audiwaterpump
Audi are quoting £248 and
That's how much money Audi will take from you, but will they actually change the oil? - not called main stealers for nothing.
A tick in the box, and a nice little earner.
So unless you are there watching the oil being changed, there is no way you can know that they'll actually do the job.

But you will probably get a "free" (or very expensive) car valet.
:laughing: