Automatic boot opening...

I can't say that I've ever had this issue on my car, I don't know if I'm just lucky or if they changed the time on later cars to combat the issue?

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Been looking at fob covers :culpability: but decided that I'll keep fob in the faraday bag in my pocket from now on...can't open then...hopefully!

And the saloon still pops the boot open with the button doesn't it? Oh well, I guess that's my MY17 vs MY18 theory out the window. Haha.
Yep, only when I press it, which is rarely as I mostly use the door button or the sensor under the rear valance..

Reactions: Daggerit
The difference maybe is that you don't have a boot, you have a Avant?
Very true.. But I wonder if the setting to 'release' the boot is the same, and thus adjustable

I was going down the path that your key fob might have a more sensitive setting. However I do not have access to VCDS to look at mine...

This thread has now got my worried about the boot opening while the car is in the garage....

Happened to me twice. I had to roll on the floor through a small gap to get in as you can't shut the boot with the key.

Happened to me twice. I had to roll on the floor through a small gap to get in as you can't shut the boot with the key.

Shame, because you can with the avant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a saloon, 17 plate and this has happened to me a lot. Very irritating, but I do always keep my keys in my pocket.

I haven’t had this issue since the timing was changed to a 4 second press to open the boot.

With an avant you have to be near the boot but just hold the boot button down and it’ll shut.

Interesting, this definitely doesn't work on my MY18 Avant...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Ahh, no I don't - just the standard key here, I have to press the button inside the tailgate to close.

Reactions: cuke2u and Daggerit
I can't say that I've ever had this issue on my car, I don't know if I'm just lucky or if they changed the time on later cars to combat the issue?
Mine touch wood has never done it either my18 Avant . It’s a good 2-3 second press on mine to activate it.

Ahh, no I don't - just the standard key here, I have to press the button inside the tailgate to close.

I don't think its possible to close the boot using the keyfob if you have a standard key. I certainly can't!

I don't think its possible to close the boot using the keyfob if you have a standard key. I certainly can't!
Yep, I didn't realise Daggerit had the convenience key.

Reactions: Daggerit
Waits for cuke2u to point out it mentions it in the handbook...

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3

Is there a button to close the boot if you have the standard key...?

Is there a button to close the boot if you have the standard key...?

The avant boot still has the button to close it believe, but the salon doesn’t regardless of the key type. I think. I’m sure I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong though.

The avant boot still has the button to close it believe, but the salon doesn’t regardless of the key type. I think. I’m sure I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong though.

I see.. for the saloon i read somewhere that you can open/close the boot from the inside of the car if you have a standard key...

You can definitely pop it but I don't think that it's actually powered open/closed...

Never happened to me, however the comfort access feature is poor. Never opens when you need it and closes sometimes when your putting shopping in the boot. Asked the dealer to disable it as I’m fine with the buttons.
The lock button is great.

I see.. for the saloon i read somewhere that you can open/close the boot from the inside of the car if you have a standard key...

Only open it from a button on the drivers door on the saloon, it still will not close it as the boot isn't powered..

Only open it from a button on the drivers door on the saloon, it still will not close it as the boot isn't powered..

Cheers

Reactions: cuke2u