Automatic boot opening

Reactions: S4_dan
Just bought all auto boot opening parts off an S4 B7 for £25 all in..............just need to repaint them.

Dont think he knew what he had to be honest.

Reactions: benjie, Archies and ScottD3
Do either of you have the part numbers needed for this... I'm might get a chance to pop into Audi tomorrow or Saturday.

These are what you need Benjie

4F5827665A x 2 (springs)
8E5827552K x2 (Struts - different gas pressure to std struts)
8E5 827 302 RIGHT hinge
8E5 827 301 LEFT hinge

Had to do a double take on the hinges as the small lifter springs caught my eye.........I like cheap mods as they are wallet and wife friendly!

Parts have arrived at Audi Stoke, will be collecting in the morning and fitting them tomorrow afternoon will post a video if all goes to plan.

I would not fit them until painted as they will be bare metal the hinges.

Reactions: Archies
Thought the excitement was getting the better of you LOL

Any chance of a photo of the invoice sheet please - I find it the safest way to order items from my local dealer. I know I'd end up with standard items otherwise, not the auto opening ones.

Well ive collected all the parts needed, the hinges are identical to the ones allready fitted and i cant see where the spring goes. Confused

Im stumped Benjie, i cant find a a way for the spring to open up when shutting the boot so when the fob button is pressed the spring closes enough for the struts to take over.

Them hinges are slightly different to mine, they have an elbow in where as mine don`t, the ones i ordered didnt either.
I have modified a bracket and attached it to my hinge, but when i shut the boot the hinge collapses, so there is no way the spring can expand.

Here is a pic of my factory hinges off the S4 B7 saloon.....same as in the link

E44336AA-F29B-462D-892D-865C5B3040E2_zpstuohcpic.png

Sounds like you don't have the right hinges on what you are saying

Thanks Mike
Are your hinges factory fitted with the springs on or is that an auto open mod, because my hinges on my boot look identical to the ones you have.

What you see is exactly how they were on the car minus the struts and covers for auto open.

After some tinkering i have managed to do it. I need to change the spring though as i need a thinner one as when i shut the boot the spring interferes with the hinge, but thats an easy fix. Only used one spring on the right hand hinge with the gas struts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good and cant wait to fit mine when I get a chance to paint them.

Can't understand how the spring should interfere with the hinge unless it is possibly bent in some way

Mike i didnt need the hinges as they were identical to the ones allready fitted to my car, i did need the gas struts though.
There is only 1 spring attached at the moment as the other is on back order, i had to drill the hinge to get my spring to fit, but when the boot folds shut it traps slight in between the mechanism. Im going to try and get some slimmer strong springs as the boot sometimes hesitates before it opens. Heres a pic of what i had to do.
Heres a pic, its a beit messy but i will tidy the hinge up and block the hole i mistakenly drilled

That is def different to my hinges. On mine the left bolt of yours is connect to another plate that pivots and allows the spring to move.....which may explain why yours catches due to being fixed.

Sound like the wrong ones to me. Here is a close up of the spring mount point near the plate

DED714C8-EA4A-48F7-8B38-016DB28CB1CA_zps32jr7ffw.jpg

Ive definitely ordered the wrong ones, or Audi have got it wrong, mine wern`t like that Mike, do you have part numbers please so i can compare

I've been away so not kept up with this.

So it looks like they have given you the wrong hinge part Archie, so would that mean that the part numbers on the Russian site are the correct ones?
Mike also said that his hinges have H at the end of them, same as the Russian website) so that could be the answer. (Mike, do you drive a B7?)

Yes Benjie,
My hinges were the wrong ones so i have returned them and ordered the correct ones, Thanks to Mike the part numbers for the correct hinges are 8E5827301H 8E5827302H