Automatic boot opening - FL S3 Saloon

Adam14

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've seen various threads on the forum which relate to the Sportback but not the saloon. Wondering if it possible to have it so unlocking the boot from the remote actually "pops open" the boot, as opposed to just unlocking. Saw an option for this with Carista, but didn't do anything, so wondering if it was an error or if it is actually possible?

Thanks all as always :)

Hi all,

I've seen various threads on the forum which relate to the Sportback but not the saloon. Wondering if it possible to have it so unlocking the boot from the remote actually "pops open" the boot, as opposed to just unlocking. Saw an option for this with Carista, but didn't do anything, so wondering if it was an error or if it is actually possible?

Thanks all as always :)
hold the boot button on the key, will just unlock the boot but not the doors.

hold the boot button on the key, will just unlock the boot but not the doors.
Yes the button works on my remote by pressing it once, it unlocks the boot. But you have to press the boot handle to open it (as per usual). It doesn't "pop open".

Yes the button works on my remote by pressing it once, it unlocks the boot. But you have to press the boot handle to open it (as per usual). It doesn't "pop open".

You have to press and hold the button, then it will pop

Reactions: Adam14
The boot on my saloon pops open from the remote and mines standard.

Thanks for the replies, never thought to hold the button down. Will have to give it a try after work.

if you hold down longer it does the bonnet as well.
Never knew that

And of course if you unlock with a top button single press then hold down on the second press the windows will open.......

NOTE ...Don’t give keys to the kids to play with as car will be sitting there all doors, windows, boot and bonnet open

Never knew that

And of course if you unlock with a top button single press then hold down on the second press the windows will open.......

NOTE ...Don’t give keys to the kids to play with as car will be sitting there all doors, windows, boot and bonnet open
As you said, I knew about windows in terms of when locking the car to close them, and vice versa. Never thought to try it with the boot.

I like opening the boot from the other side of the supermarket carpark, just as someone’s walking past - it’s a hoot.

Reactions: TonkS3, MattSedg, Jassyo06 and 2 others
I love the remote boot opening....I use it all the time when walking up to the car carrying my shopping. :)

Not sure if the remote bonnet opening is a wind up or not. ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06
I like opening the boot from the other side of the supermarket carpark, just as someone’s walking past - it’s a hoot.

That’s one thing I miss from my A6. The power boot was great as I could open and close the boot remotely.
Can this be retrofitted to the a3/s3?

Boom it does work! Thanks all

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Goner
That’s one thing I miss from my A6. The power boot was great as I could open and close the boot remotely.
Can this be retrofitted to the a3/s3?
Don't believe so, at least not "OEM". Would probably be a mess

Lol it's gotta have something going for it.. . lol
im still mythed by that diffuser.

suppose you are one of the few who can speak for both, sportback and saloon

Reactions: Jassyo06
im still mythed by that diffuser.

suppose you are one of the few who can speak for both, sportback and saloon

As it stands on here now... l suppose so mate, but your headed over to that guff RS3 side of the forum next eh.. .. Lol get it oot yer system whilst yer young.. . Lol coz by the time yer ma age you'll driving around in a 4 wheel drive 48v battery lol

Reactions: MattSedg
As it stands on here now... l suppose so mate, but your headed over to that guff RS3 side of the forum next eh.. .. Lol get it oot yer system whilst yer young.. . Lol coz by the time yer ma age you'll driving around in a 4 wheel drive 48v battery lol
nawwww, id love to, but I couldn't stomach the extra costs that come with it....and I dont even daily drive my car. S3 is more than enough for me!

if diesels future wasn't so uncertain I'd be half tempted to sack fast/nice cars off and the troubles that come with them, get a nice defender and spend as much time as I can with my dogs.....realising at the moment my S3 barely touches the joy I get when im out walking with them

Reactions: TonkS3, Jassyo06 and oli356