Autoglym Polish??

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
Hi guys ;)

I've been thinking about giving autoglym’s rapid detailer a go and thought while halfords are still doing the 3 for 2 deal and ill be claying the car, ill also try their super resin polish.

From what I've been reading on other sites, it seems that people are using it like a wax. so my question is......

Is it a wax or a polish (as the name suggests)?

Also I've noticed that they also do one called ultra deep shine, is that any good?

It would be good to hear from anyone that's used any of the products I've mentioned and let me know if they are any good :)

Thanks guys

auto glym super resin is a polish that contains fillers great for hiding swirls etc that carn't be buffed out by hand although the fillers wear away after a couple of washes.

im not a great fan of autoglym stuff the polish is good but the rest of the gear i think is poor. a good wax i would recomend poor boys or dodojuice.

depends on the car if its metallic or pearl get the poorboys ex-p if solid colour get the dodojuice.

also a good prewax cleaner would be good idea dodojuice lime prime is what i use great stuff help with putting wax on and give the car a nice shine.

what clay bar you using? meguires clay is a good starter clay.

now the thing with clay baring if never used before i would recomend using a detailer but if you know how to work the clay and have experiance using it which you will get after a few goes you can just use water. but i do recomend quick detailer for first time use and if you drop the clay game over clay bar in the bin.

meguires or dodojuice quick detailers are great.

try clean your car for all your detailing stuff they good prices also you get money for your next order the more you spend the more you earn.

i clay mine then srp then a couple of layers of ag hd wax, gets great results

Autogylm products seem to get a bit of a mixed result amongst enthusiasts. They have been around a long time and still appear to be endorsed by Aston Martin etc to name but one maunfacturer. I have tried a few bits and pieces out from there range, the SRP, Superglym polish, Body Conditioning shampoo, (wheel acid :no:)!! Some products are clearly better than others, for example the Superglym polish on dark metallic/pearlescents is really quite good as it buffs off with virtually no residue and leaves an impressive depth of shine even when the panels are hot. I am also a big fan of the Body Shampoo conditioner although I will probably try the Megs shampoo plus next. The chemicals are not so impressive and are behind the times. I tested the trade wheel acid against Bilberry Safe Wheel cleaner at the weekend and I was shocked at how much better the Bilberry stuff is, albeit that I decontaminated the wheels the previous week with Wolfes decon gel and then sealed them. I think you have to speak as you find really and when it comes to AG, there are usually products on the shelf that I will reach for before them but equally ones that deserve a good try!

what clay bar you using? meguires clay is a good starter clay.

Ill be using a bilt hamber clay bar as ive only hear good things about them (i even made a thread on here) ;)

I think you have to speak as you find really and when it comes to AG,

I think its like that with a lot of products really, for example i really like the turtle wax platinum series stuff “especially their wax) but they get mixed reviews in forums.

I should have said that my car is ming blue pearlescent .

Has anyone had good results with their rapid detailer?

And would the ultra deep shine be a better choice more than the super resin?

the super resin is great for polish by hand
even better polish would be p1 nano

i used srp by hand all over, which gave good results, by hand tho so not amazing, followed by autoglyms extra gloss protection, which is a sealant (2 coats) and the finish was pretty dam good considering i didnt use alot of products and it was all by hand
this is the result i got after the above..
s3polished.jpg

taken from my bay window so pretty rubbish picture.

only thing is, 3-4 weeks on, its lost its depth a little, and i can tell the sealant is wearing thin. i wash it weekly with shampoo by the way.

As said the super resin polish is great for hiding swirls but you'll need something to go over the top like a sealant,eg extra gloss protection, or a wax. The srp needs to be worked for a bit to get the best out of it to allow the fillers to break down and fill the swirls and removal of the fillers is much quicker if there's nothing on top! Not sure on the vinyl and rubber care on the dash, only ever used it on door seals and the rubber hoses under the bonnet.

Once open the clay needs to be kept in an air tight container ot it'll go like a rock, I use a ziplock bag, it helps to warm it a bit before you use it and I split the bar in two, then if I drop it I've got another piece to try. If you do drop it, bin it!

Last edited:
i used srp by hand all over, which gave good results, by hand tho so not amazing, followed by autoglyms extra gloss protection, which is a sealant (2 coats) and the finish was pretty dam good considering i didnt use alot of products and it was all by hand
this is the result i got after the above..
only thing is, 3-4 weeks on, its lost its depth a little, and i can tell the sealant is wearing thin. i wash it weekly with shampoo by the way.

Thanks mate its good to hear from someone with the same colour car :)

Do you keep everything topped up with a detailer in between washes ?

Also did you happen to have any SRP stuck in any stone chips......lol

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detailing/114946-white-wax-spots-left-stone-chips.html

As said the super resin polish is great for hiding swirls but you'll need something to go over the top like a sealant,eg extra gloss protection, or a wax. The srp needs to be worked for a bit to get the best out of it to allow the fillers to break down and fill the swirls and removal of the fillers is much quicker if there's nothing on top! Not sure on the vinyl and rubber care on the dash, only ever used it on door seals and the rubber hoses under the bonnet.

Thanks for your reply....

Yes the routine i was doing to do was

Good foam wash/rinse/dry
Clay
Polish
Wax
Seal

How exactly do the fillers work in SRP?

What i mean is... i can understand if the fillers were black and you was using it on a black car but how can it work on all cars without showing up?

The last question threw me for a bit but then I thought about what you are doing.

Assuming paint is not required, and you are not down to primer/metal, the reason you would see a scratch or a swirl mark is there is an imperfection in the surface and the light catches it, particularly as it is likely to have a rough edge to it (if you were to look at it through a magnifying glass/microscope etc.) When you start to polish, the abrasives wear away the paint making the scratch less deep and also smoothing the edges making it less visible. It is then important to make the decision as to whether you have enough paint to remove the scratch completely or are you happy enough with it being less visible, discretion can definitely be the better part of valour here! (This is more relevant with machine polishing rather than hand)

Fillers will only mask very light scratches so what you are working with here, unless you have single stage paint, is imperfections in the clear coat. So I'm guessing the fillers are clear making them suitable on all colours.

Last edited:
The last question threw me for a bit but then I thought about what you are doing.

Assuming paint is not required, and you are not down to primer/metal, the reason you would see a scratch or a swirl mark is there is an imperfection in the surface and the light catches it, particularly as it is likely to have a rough edge to it (if you were to look at it through a magnifying glass/microscope etc.) When you start to polish, the abrasives wear away the paint making the scratch less deep and also smoothing the edges making it less visible. It is then important to make the decision as to whether you have enough paint to remove the scratch completely or are you happy enough with it being less visible, discretion can definitely be the better part of valour here! (This is more relevant with machine polishing rather than hand)

Fillers will only mask very light scratches so what you are working with here, unless you have single stage paint, is imperfections in the clear coat. So I'm guessing the fillers are clear making them suitable on all colours.
Thanks mate ;)

I used AG SRP today and I'm now converted....lol

I've been a mer fan for ages but this srp is the dogs pride and joy :)

i think its the only part of AG's range that is any good for the interior i would recomend poorboys for the dash and that seats if leather gliptone conditioner and shampoo.

SRP is just a filler but a dam good 1 at that, remember you still need a pre wax and wax after the SRP.

between washes i would just use two bucket method and any stuborn marks get the bug and tar remover out good full detail every 3 months for me.

if the SRP goes into stone chips cotton wool buds are great for getting out also tooth picks are good for them hard to reach places ie underside of the headlights and between the seals and the glass if you havent masked the car up.