Autoglym Aqua Wax

RMJ891

Reaction score
I have a brand new car that I, effectively, only use on weekends. So my cleaning plan is to keep it ticking over and then maybe every six months or so have a good old go with some clay, polish, wax and so on.

In the meantime, I am washing by: pressure wash (or powerful hose - need to get a new PW and snow foam applicator - but sometimes use petrol station garages' PW that has a shampoo setting), then Autoglym Shampoo, rinse, then partially dry it with a Kent towel before applying Autoglym Aqua Wax.

Maybe it's because the car is still new and shiny anyway, but am I meant to notice any difference with using the aqua wax, or is it some sort of 'invisible layer'? It's nice to do and I enjoy cleaning my car, but just wondering what it actually does, as it looks basically the same as when I only have time to shampoo and dry it...?

Okay, but I guess it's not going to be anything miraculous appearance-wise (e.g. shine). Again, maybe it's because it's new, but water already appeared to bead...

I have a brand new car that I, effectively, only use on weekends. So my cleaning plan is to keep it ticking over and then maybe every six months or so have a good old go with some clay, polish, wax and so on.

In the meantime, I am washing by: pressure wash (or powerful hose - need to get a new PW and snow foam applicator - but sometimes use petrol station garages' PW that has a shampoo setting), then Autoglym Shampoo, rinse, then partially dry it with a Kent towel before applying Autoglym Aqua Wax.

Maybe it's because the car is still new and shiny anyway, but am I meant to notice any difference with using the aqua wax, or is it some sort of 'invisible layer'? It's nice to do and I enjoy cleaning my car, but just wondering what it actually does, as it looks basically the same as when I only have time to shampoo and dry it...?

Hi there,

I use AG Aqua Wax every weekly wash it tops up the protection from when I have clayed, polished and waxed. Also makes it easier to wash the car and the water beads brilliantly with it!

Cheers

Chris

HD wax is better

Apples and pears.

HD wax is a more permanent wax which takes time to apply, aqua wax is a temporary layer which is done as part of the drying process.

Next.

Reactions: PrancingPanda, Chris0906 and skiptowncat
Washed my car (again) last night, and water definitely still 'beads' (second use of Aqua Wax ever), so I'm assuming that, one month in, it's still got some of the factory good stuff left! Though I am going through the phase of washing my car as much as I drive it it seems(!), so there's not that much to clean off :welcoming:

Used it on several different cars and it does a v good job. On my A3 I alternate between a wax application and then an Aqua wax application when I clean the car. I find Aqua Wax very good on the grill as its a sod to get the wax on the grill as its so fiddly.

I like it. Don't put too much on, it'll smear. I slowly and gently work it up and down with the cloth in straight lines and then when it's worked in I leave it for a bit and then buff it up. Make sure the car is wet, if the application cloth gets too wet just wring it out and carry on working round the car.