Autoflash gearbox tuning S tronic & tiptronic

I think that it comes in at about £395 (but don't quote me) versus £480 delivered for the TMC one. And I think that it's actually the exact same unit so the software is identical... :)

Oh ok, was just saying because they might have altered the software slightly seeing that they're a diff company.

That's quite expensive, mine was £250 from tmc

Hi Guys,

As daggerit has mentioned we are now offering the
TCU tunes,

F863A7DE-0CEC-459B-ACB0-7D89AC681209_zpssgtxzehd.jpeg

At present we are offering these to members of ASN

S4 TCU flash tools for £395 inc vat and U.K. shipping (if you have already purchased a DTUK tuning box then this drops to £369 inc vat and carriage:

The B9 2.0 Tfsi and 2.0/3.0 TDi are available at £285 inc vat and U.K. shipping

These are available for all Automatic audis from 2002 onwards

Feel free to drop an email to

support@dtuk-performance.co.uk or give us a call on 01207299538

Reactions: SMI77, Daggerit and cuke2u
The only thing that I haven't been able to try yet is some of the lag issues when going from braking to needing power like when approaching a roundabout.
My TMC one made it better but it didn’t go away completely. What I have noticed and I’m not sure if it was like it before the flash, is that in manual mode it has no lag at all, as soon as you touch it it’s off. That’s in all the drive select modes. I pretty much drive in manual mode now 90% of the time since I put the paddle shift extensions on.

My TMC one made it better but it didn’t go away completely. What I have noticed and I’m not sure if it was like it before the flash, is that in manual mode it has no lag at all, as soon as you touch it it’s off. That’s in all the drive select modes. I pretty much drive in manual mode now 90% of the time since I put the paddle shift extensions on.

I agree, however in manual mode it is more responsive than before but I don't feel like the revs always match, a few times I've downshifted and it has immediately responded but red lined even though I dropped down to the right gear so shouldn't have done that.
Another issue that I mentioned on another post is the launch control.
Oddly off the line acceleration is notably better, but the launches are very average.
Before the gearbox tune it was the opposite :s
In terms of lag, the JFA automotive tcu flash I've used on my a3 s tronic before was literally faultless. Whilst the tmc one is better 70 percent of the time the JFA one was 100 percent consistent.
Maybe it's down to that being the s tronic vs this one being the 8 speed tip..

Might also vary with the model of dsg gearboxes fitted to the A4. Personally I would query the claims tmc make about the gear changes being 28% faster as in standard tune the Audi dsg is claimed to be only around 8 milliseconds. Whereas the bmw zf it is around 200 milliseconds according to what I have seen..

I received my TCU Tune from DTUK today and will install it to use this week. I have not purchased the device to eliminate any lag, or to improve the gearchanges, as I've been happy the way they are, but to go with my tuning box. I am hoping it will allow for the increase in power and torque the box gives to be implemented upon better.

Reactions: Daggerit
On my short urban drive to work I have noticed a difference immediately despite the gearbox still having to relearn. Much better in traffic, smoother and less 'snappy' or jerky. Also the gear changes are nearly unperceivable and I found myself looking at the gear indicator to see which gear it was in.
More to follow, have to try all the modes and manually using the box...

Reactions: SMI77 and Daggerit
On my short urban drive to work I have noticed a difference immediately despite the gearbox still having to relearn. Much better in traffic, smoother and less 'snappy' or jerky. Also the gear changes are nearly unperceivable and I found myself looking at the gear indicator to see which gear it was in.
More to follow, have to try all the modes and manually using the box...

Glad to hear that we're all having similar, positive, experiences. Also nice to know that it works well with both the S-Tronic and the Tiptronic 'boxes. Happy days!

Reactions: SMI77 and cuke2u
The only problem I might have is that until we go away again my driving conditions will mostly be only urban, with a short A road at the current limit of 60mph. So I hope its learning phase will be ok..

The only problem I might have is that until we go away again my driving conditions will mostly be only urban, with a short A road at the current limit of 60mph. So I hope its learning phase will be ok..

I was wondering about this as well because I use mine for a lot of commuting type journeys. I wonder if you could just re-flash it again before a longer trip to start the learning process over again? Or if you'd even need to? I don't know what it's actually 'learning' to be honest, so that makes it pretty hard to decide whether the short journeys are detrimental or actually better because there's more stop/start and gear changing than if you went on a longer journey. Don't know.

Reactions: cuke2u
We shall both see, perhaps disconnecting the battery first for 15 mins to clear the TCU memory before reflashing though...

Whoa, sport mode is bit feisty...

Reactions: Deleted member 133011 and Daggerit
My right leg had only just learned the new tuning box, now it needs to learn the new settings on the gearbox :)

Reactions: syed123 and Deleted member 133011
My right leg had only just learned the new tuning box, now it needs to learn the new settings on the gearbox :)

S tronic gearbox once flashed is the best I've driven IMHO

Reactions: cuke2u
Hi Guys,

As daggerit has mentioned we are now offering the
TCU tunes,

F863A7DE-0CEC-459B-ACB0-7D89AC681209_zpssgtxzehd.jpeg

At present we are offering these to members of ASN

S4 TCU flash tools for £395 inc vat and U.K. shipping (if you have already purchased a DTUK tuning box then this drops to £369 inc vat and carriage:

The B9 2.0 Tfsi and 2.0/3.0 TDi are available at £285 inc vat and U.K. shipping

These are available for all Automatic audis from 2002 onwards

Feel free to drop an email to

support@dtuk-performance.co.uk or give us a call on 01207299538

These are still available if anyone is interested :)

...and now one less, which is probably in-transit to the Land of Oz.
With the DTUK trifecta, not really looking forward to driving our S4 at service time.

Reactions: cuke2u and Daggerit
These are still available if anyone is interested :)
Andrew, I take it this also works for S5's?
They appear to have similar problems. In fact, a member actually tracked down the unknown Audi software update that Audi dealers everywhere said it did not exist, had it installed, but made nil difference.

Last edited:
Just had a quick squirt of full throttle through 1st and 2nd gears and the car definitely feels faster according to the butt dyno. It seems to pick up quicker and pushed me into the seat more than I remember, I look forward to trying launch control at some point!

Reactions: cuke2u and SMI77
Andrew, I take it this also works for S5's?
They appear to have similar problems. In fact, a member actually tracked down the unknown Audi software update that Audi dealers everywhere said it did not exist, had it installed, but made nil difference.

To be fair, i'm THE guy that tracked down the non-existent update and it DID help a fair bit.....but didn't solve the problem.

But also, i'm one of the original 5 Beta Testers for the DTUK TCU tune and can confirm it is a massive improvement......car now drives the way it should have from the outset and is definitely quicker than before.....

Reactions: Daggerit and cuke2u
That's good to hear silo24, does confirm what myself and Daggerit's 'butt dynos' are feeling..

The situation is there IS a software update , my car needed it, I have the invoice detailing it and it was subsequently was done by Audi - It made absolutely no difference to the car.
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s5-sportback-gearbox-issues-really-had-it.373626/

To be fair, i'm THE guy that tracked down the non-existent update and it DID help a fair bit.....but didn't solve the problem.

Would the real Ronmr2 or silo24 please stand up?????

...and why is there not a 'dislike post' ;-)

....and, are we to ***-u-me you drive a S4, because yet another member that does not share it.

end of rant.

Last edited:
Yep. And i've got the actual TPI/SVM numbers etc.....

So both correct.

Will PM you the details if you wish.....just refused to put the details out there for all to see as it could identify my contact.

Oh, and was never meant to make soime dic-kish statement of superiority on this one, but in terms of knowing what to go and ask for and the difference with regards the DTUK TCU tune, yep, I do have more experience.

Feel free to dislike away....

Yep. And i've got the actual TPI/SVM numbers etc.....
So both correct.
I have absolutely no interest in the your details nor your experience.

My post drew, in part, from another member's experience. You had some improvement whilst the other member didn't, quite understandable.
Of course, both are correct, but not the same. You challenged that, but you were not the reference. So my post wasn't misleading and stands.

Obviously the fac
I have absolutely no interest in the your details nor your experience.

My post drew, in part, from another member's experience. You had some improvement whilst the other member didn't, quite understandable.
Of course, both are correct, but not the same. You challenged that, but you were not the reference. So my post wasn't misleading and stands.

That's fair enough, although I do want to add that i'm not the only one who has experienced an improvement on the gearbox following the update as the threads show.

By all means it doesn't fix the problem and the gearbox programming is certainly flaky, but the TCU tune definitely fixes that.

Just ordered one of these for my S3, hopefully it will compliment the DTUK tuning box I have installed.

Reactions: cuke2u and Daggerit
Hi. Have you got any updates on gearbox remap ? What respond have you got at the junctions and roundabouts? Thanks