Auto SOS Fault

RSON19

Reaction score
Good evening all

So, I came out of work this evening following a tough day at work, knowing that I had a nice 20 mile trip back home. I still get excited to drive the A4, no matter how long/short the journey!

Anyway, I started her up, then BAM!!!....this message came up! Any ideas folks?!

PS: I didnt feel like listening to any music so drove home in silence....in mourning almost. I hate the thought of the car having the slightest issue. (The Missus doesn't understand).

IMG 0822

It's a feature 'technically' not available in the U.K.! Perhaps it's a temporary issue as they update their systems / servers than it be something in your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats what I was thinking as we seem to experience flakey connections with audi connect..

I had the exact issue with my A5 (b9) yesterday. Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
Hi Graham

Yes, luckily the car was under warranty though. From memory they replaced the SOS module entirely. I’ve slept since then I’m afraid!

Reactions: NevMan and grahammcm1888
Hi Graham

Yes, luckily the car was under warranty though. From memory they replaced the SOS module entirely. I’ve slept since then I’m afraid!

Cool. Under warranty here too so I will keep an eye on. The message only lasted for around 20 seconds. Curiously it had been in for its first service the previous day.

I have the same issue, my car is a demonstrator so it had this functionality, going in for warranty work tomorrow

Not fixed, though chief mech told me they had done it.

" - What did you replace?"

" - Nothing really, it was just a loose antenna connection"

What a bunch of lies.

20181029 SOS 1
20181029 SOS 2

Reactions: NevMan
I am confused, in the other thread, don't know why we have two, you stated fixed in a earlier thread some 12 mins earlier???

I am confused, in the other thread, don't know why we have two, you stated fixed in a earlier thread some 12 mins earlier???

Easy, 2 different issues. One has been repaired (faulty thermostat) and this one is pending.

Eagle eyed cuke2u!

well the stealer has had the car for four days now, looks like the dashboard is going to have to come out, so I wonder how many creaks and noises i will have after this. i spoke to the master tech about this isssue and he told me that in the majority of cases it is a loose connection in the lead from the dash to the aerial, but not this time it appears.

This is a common issue, according to my Dealer in Lisbon. They have replaced about half a dozen.

My Avant will have the front antenna replaced too.

Dash out, 2 days' job. Will be done next Monday, I will report back about the collateral damages...

It's a feature 'technically' not available in the U.K.! Perhaps it's a temporary issue as they update their systems / servers than it be something in your car?

..................really?. My car has it & the salesman told me all you do is ''push the button'' near the sunroof switch & it will connect through the Satnav system. No matter where you are an english speaking person will help guide you through.

..................really?. My car has it & the salesman told me all you do is ''push the button'' near the sunroof switch & it will connect through the Satnav system. No matter where you are an english speaking person will help guide you through.

Bear in mind my post was from Jan 2017. At the time the feature was not available on MY17 UK spec cars, it was added to MY18 onwards - later that year. So yes- your car will have SOS now

Reactions: RS3 S.
Bear in mind my post was from Jan 2017. At the time the feature was not available on MY17 UK spec cars, it was added to MY18 onwards - later that year. So yes- your car will have SOS now
...........thanks for that.''yes'' mine is on an 18 plate.:icon thumright:

This is a common issue, according to my Dealer in Lisbon. They have replaced about half a dozen.

My Avant will have the front antenna replaced too.

Dash out, 2 days' job. Will be done next Monday, I will report back about the collateral damages...
Hi!

I have the same issue on mine A4...
What was exactly replaced on yours and what was the garage that made the job?
Btw, any collateral damage?

Thanks,
António