Auto Parking Brake

The Chimp

Reaction score
I have 2015 A7 272 BE. The handbrake doesn't automatically release when setting off and i have to manually press the button down to release the brake. Is there a setting to make this automatically release when setting off? I also have a Merc E 220 and this releases the brake as soon as i start moving.

Thanks for any responses.

I'm going to assume this is a new car to you?
How hard did you press the acc pedal? If soft, it might feel like it does not release and jerk the car a bit. You do have to press the pedal like you are about to drive off from the lights.

Otherwise if its a genuine fault, can you get a scan out of the car and report back here?

You may also have to have had the brake pedal depressed for, I think, 10 secs. for it to release.

It’s called hill hold assist, and it’s an option, not standard.

You don’t press the brake pedal to release, but you must have the drivers door closed and the seatbelt on.

£90 option, crazy just make it standard ***!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

I have 2015 A7 272 BE. The handbrake doesn't automatically release when setting off and i have to manually press the button down to release the brake. Is there a setting to make this automatically release when setting off? I also have a Merc E 220 and this releases the brake as soon as i start moving.

Thanks for any responses.
Just code it with vcds or obd11 and it will automatically release.

Btw is should release when you have your seatbelt on and start driving away.

Reactions: RAF_S7
Just code it with vcds or obd11 and it will automatically release.

Btw is should release when you have your seatbelt on and start driving away.

you also need to change the console switch, it’s not just a soft code.

@DJAlix is your man if you want to retrofit :racer:

you also need to change the console switch, it’s not just a soft code.

@DJAlix is your man if you want to retrofit :racer:
Nope not true, no need to change the console switch. Just coding, did is last friday on couple of A6/7