auto locking problem

britadams

Reaction score
hi just bought a audi a3 sportback and it has auto locking when you drive away i hate it says in my manual i can deactivate it do i have to take it to stealers to get it do regards
heidi

hi just bought a audi a3 sportback and it has auto locking when you drive away i hate it says in my manual i can deactivate it do i have to take it to stealers to get it do regards
heidi

It can be de-activated by your dealer or someone with a copy of Vag.com.

Why don't you like it. It is a good security item. Stops any unwanded person from opening the passenger's door and jumping in at traffic lights etc. In case your not aware, depending on the age of your Sportback, one or two pulls on any inside door handle will un-lock the central locking.

hi, its a 55 plate for some reason when i turn the engine of and take key out it wont unlock so i get out the car to get my son out and forget to press the unlock button it gets annoying ?

There is a setting in Vag com too that changes it so it unlocks when the key is removed from the ignition.

hi, its a 55 plate for some reason when i turn the engine of and take key out it wont unlock so i get out the car to get my son out and forget to press the unlock button it gets annoying ?

Yes I can see that would be annoying. Mine is set to unlock when the key is removed from the ignition. Any dealer can change that setting using their diagnostic equipment.

There is a setting in Vag com too that changes it so it unlocks when the key is removed from the ignition.

Auto unlock is in the long coding in the comfort module, byte 0 bit 3.

belive me it is annoying any idea how much audi would charge? are they same price as vw thanks

where abouts are you, plenty on here have vagcom, if your close then id do it for you.