Auto lights

W

Wifeb4Life

Only had to drive in the dark about twice since i bought my A7 when it was starting to get light again so I'm not the most knowlegable about how the auto lights work. However i'm about to do a few weeks of driving on a trip and alot will be in the dark so I'd like to understand it better.

I have '63 plat pre facelift with auto xenon lights which are always set to auto but does this turn on and off the full beam and the front fog lights for me? Also does it auto dim the full beams when another car is oncoming once on?

Finally whats the light setting that has a picture of clouds and rain on it do and when would i switch from auto to that?

Cheers

Nope. You still have to operate the full beam and fogs yourself

If you have main beam assist then that would do the main beam for you

The cloud symbol is your 'all-weather' lights or in normal speak, fog lights :)

See if thats the case i'm not sure how to to put full beams on. If i pull the stick towards me it only keeps full beam on for as long as i hold them (which is how i flash) but it wont stay on. Then if i try to push the stick away from me it does nothing (as in it doesn't move) so how do i turn full beams on or off?

Just looked on the audi app at my car and it says it has "Xenon Plus Lighting" what does that mean in compatisson to normal Xenon Lighting?

Also it has "Automatic headlight range adjustment dynamic (self adjusting while driving)"?

I think the fact you can't turn full beam on manually implies you have high beam assist

Looking on the Audi site it says it's only in conjunction with Xenon Plus Lighting

Apparently pushing it forward (towards the clocks) activates the high beam assist :)

Set your alarm for midnight and go for a drive :D

Lol well I'm doing a whole night drive from Glasgow to Devon on one night so I better get used to it by then.

Could you link to where that information is on Audi?

Cheers

In my a6 if I push the main beam lever away from me then the headlight outline symbol illuminated in the dash changes from a headlight outline to a headlight with some form of symbol inside it. I need to do this every time I start the engine if I want to activate auto dip.