Auto HVAC basic setting problems

ForwardMotion26

Reaction score
Morning all,

I’ve been having problems with my A3 8P with climate control and wondering if anyone can help me out!

I replaced the v71/g113 motor and pot as i had a fault code 00604 from VCDS. When i run basic settings it comes up error and not run! I cant seem to get the basic setting to run! Ive followed the procedure on rosstech and a few of the posts on this site but to no avail. This has caused my econ light to be permanently on with no air con and the new fault code 01087 which is no basic settings applied! Im completely stuck! I have had this issue before with another motor and resolved it using my VCDS but I can not for the life of me remember how

Hope to hear soon can provide pictures of scans if needed?

Many thanks

Scott

Might be worth ( if I get no joy here ) asking if you can have post moved to the Vcd's section where more guys with experience off Vcd's might help .
Sorry I can't be off help

Problem Solved!

For future reference for myself and anyone else struggling: The reason the basic setting would not run is because the motor was in the wrong position when I removed it. I found the Audi workshop online that described what position to put the motors in. I had to use two jump leads to move the motor to the correct position. For reference if it's the v71 motor pairing then you need to put the climate control in windscreen defrost mode and then remove. Once the v71 is refitted then the air flow flap has to be closed and then the basic settings will be run. I have a copy of the manual if anyone finds this in the future and requires it just drop me a message!

Cheers!

Reactions: josh trindade and ahtcap
Hey mate,

I think i got the same problem, can you share that manual with me?
I had some errors on 2 flap engines, mechanical errors, however today I disassembled everything, cleaned both, one of the engines was good and the other had to be replaced. I put everything back in place, the AC works better than before (it just blew cold air before), now it’s blowing hot and cold only.

The problem is i want to run the basic settings of the HVAC to realign the flaps, and nothing happens, the values all appear N/A N/A N/A N/A ... I click ON / OFF / NEXT button on the software the climatronic turns on and off, nothing happens...

Conclusion, after changing the flap, the only error that now appears, is to run the basic alignment settings, which I cannot.

What should i do? Maybe i got the V71 not properly installed

01087 - Basic Setting Not Performed
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100101
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 201
Mileage: 219706 km
Time Indication: 0

Hey mate,

I think i got the same problem, can you share that manual with me?
I had some errors on 2 flap engines, mechanical errors, however today I disassembled everything, cleaned both, one of the engines was good and the other had to be replaced. I put everything back in place, the AC works better than before (it just blew cold air before), now it’s blowing hot and cold only.

The problem is i want to run the basic settings of the HVAC to realign the flaps, and nothing happens, the values all appear N/A N/A N/A N/A ... I click ON / OFF / NEXT button on the software the climatronic turns on and off, nothing happens...

Conclusion, after changing the flap, the only error that now appears, is to run the basic alignment settings, which I cannot.

What should i do? Maybe i got the V71 not properly installed

01087 - Basic Setting Not Performed
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100101
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 201
Mileage: 219706 km
Time Indication: 0

Hi Mate apologies for the late reply I did not see I had a reply until I saw an email notification when sorting my junk folder.

To me it looks like you're getting the same fault I had and to correct it i used the manual that can be found at the website below:

https://workshop-manuals.com/audi/a...tiometer_for_air_flow_flap_control_motorg113/

Hope this helps any issues give me a shout!

Cheers