Auto Hold retrofit help please with Manual RHD

setdet

Reaction score
I received this from an Ali Express order without any instructions. The seller is not replying to my messages through the website. Does anyone have or can provide information or a link to how to install this kit into an A4 B9 Manual Right Hand Drive. All the guides I have seen are for auto and/or left hand drive.
IMG 20221003 100158

As previously said, all the mounting points will just be mirrored for LHD/RHD. And the manual/auto probably won’t make any difference, just take a look and see if the colours and number references for the wiring is the same as the link above and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As previously said, all the mounting points will just be mirrored for LHD/RHD. And the manual/auto probably won’t make any difference, just take a look and see if the colours and number references for the wiring is the same as the link above and go from there.

Quite, but the concern is that some bits are not mirrored, so what is and what is not. Are the pin numbers same, are the locations of looms same, are.... you get my drift? I'd just rather a UK guide if it's all the same thanks. £18K car and I have no appetite to break it.

Quite, but the concern is that some bits are not mirrored, so what is and what is not. Are the pin numbers same, are the locations of looms same, are.... you get my drift? I'd just rather a UK guide if it's all the same thanks. £18K car and I have no appetite to break it.

If it makes you feel any better I just ripped interior plastic parts of my £67k RS3 apart based on a LHD guide and all the attachment points were the same. Granted two wires were different than the LHD version, but that’s why I was saying to check.

I did the AH on B9 left hand automatic, before the upgrade, I check few materials for it and gearbox really make no change, LHD/RHD also shoud be OK as the main unit pins should be on same side. I can send you the manual I obtain for LHD by the company, but in private message as there is my email all over the manual as a water stamp...

I'm sorry for my english, I did Autohold upgrade with Kufatec kit and from the manual (from Kufatec) it seems like there is no difference if you have a manual or automatic transmission, same as there is no difference if you have LHD or RHD as the main unit is located on same place. I can share the instalation manual with you, bud not here as it has watermark with my email and adres on all pages. If you still can't understand, let me know what what part...

Hello. Would you mind sending me instructions for auto hold? Thanks

Just follow the guide linked in the post, it will work for both RHD and LHD the control unit is in the same place it's just the trim and switch that is different.
if unsure of the pinouts look for the wiring diagrams on google.

Hi,

Could I get the install instructions as I have gone to do this retrofit on a RHD manual A4 and can confirm that it is different under the centre console.

instead of having two wiring looms/connectors for the parking brake and auto hold button, there is only one on the manual that does both. So it seems the cable harness purchased from aliexpress is redundant as it has extra cables and/or a pass through that is not needed (please see attached image)
IMG 0600

I have since installed the auto hold button and have coded auto hold but I see no signs of life, no LED light, warnings or errors. The connector has space for 12 pin and has 8 already installed so I believe i need to connect to cable to it and route them to the T37 a&b connectors. I am just not sure what pins to connect it too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Managed to retrofit this in the end by using the below wiring diagram.
Screenshot 20230908 220608 Chrome2

3 out of the 4 pins are needed from the aliexpress cable and the T37 connectors are located on the front passenger side of our RHD and not the drivers side like the LHD models (a very timely mistake)!

Guys - I'm trying to gather the parts to retrofit autohold to our b9 a4 manual.

The button I need to pick up is 8w2927225c and the autohold cable from aidu auto on aliexpress.

Could someone please give me some help?
Cheers

Sorry for the late reply but really and truely you only need three cables with pins either side as they will go into the existing connectors. The ali express cable worked for me as it allows you to remove the connectors. Please note you will need to plug/tap the negative cable into an existing circuit

The button was difficult to source but i can see one on ebay with that part number, you can also try getting it from audi directly. Just make sure when you buy it, the circuit board is present as the first one i bought only had the casing and our existing circuit boards doesn't have the autohold button circuit.

Last thing is need is obdeleven or vcds to code.

Sorry for the late reply but really and truely you only need three cables with pins either side as they will go into the existing connectors. The ali express cable worked for me as it allows you to remove the connectors. Please note you will need to plug/tap the negative cable into an existing circuit

The button was difficult to source but i can see one on ebay with that part number, you can also try getting it from audi directly. Just make sure when you buy it, the circuit board is present as the first one i bought only had the casing and our existing circuit boards doesn't have the autohold button circuit.

Last thing is need is obdeleven or vcds to code.
Thanks very much for replying mate.

This is the switch and cables I ordered - does that one look like it has the circuit board attached?

This switch was from a 2018 b9 a4 manual RHD, you should be able to see the part number when you zoom in. Do you think that's all I need?

Cheers

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240215_105700_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240215_105700_AliExpress.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20240215_105525_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240215_105525_eBay.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20240215_105542_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240215_105542_eBay.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 23