Auto Hold Kit Fitting Help

Here's a couple of pictures from this morning, the extra sensors for the PLA and the front camera. The newly added sensors for the PLA are the ones on the wheel arches and the car have just parked itself outside so it does work too :)

View attachment 167592

what i mean is this one, does this act as the PLA and side assist? if not where is the side assist sensor?

Cheers for all the pointers for the auto hold but it's just something I can't tackle after trying this morning. Called an auto electrician but they quoted me 2 hours labour at 65 quid an hour just not worth it.
Very skilled bunch on here doing some of these mods sadly I'm not so skilled or brave!

Don't give in mate - how far did you get and what did you get stuck on?

@rasA4 The side assist is two radar units mounted behind the bumper, they are not visible from outside. You can see them in the picture of the kit I posted earlier and I will send you a translated install manual for them.

@rasA4 The side assist is two radar units mounted behind the bumper, they are not visible from outside. You can see them in the picture of the kit I posted earlier and I will send you a translated install manual for them.
never knew it was hidden thats a bonus!
the picture on this thread?
is there part numbers?

The side assist kit is much smaller, does not include the bits for Exist warning though which is some door wiring, door controllers if not high and LED modules. You can get primed mirror caps with that too (I have a spare set) but I opted for Carbon Fibre.

View attachment 167519

Cheers, Andy

@rasA4 This picture. The yellow clips in the bag are what they screw into, the metal boxes are the radars. They mount on the corners of the rear bumpers, above and to the outside of the exhaust.

I actually just found a picture I sent to the wife from when me and Andy was fitting them, the black and metal box mounted on the left of the bumper is one of them, the other is the same on the opposite side. @andyhud is the guy in the photo. As you can see we literally stripped the car!

WhatsApp Image 2018 08 25 at 102209

Reactions: rasA4
never knew it was hidden thats a bonus!
the picture on this thread?
is there part numbers?

Mine came as a kit from k-electric. Rather than spray or wrap the new mirror caps I got carbon ones.

Reactions: rasA4
Don't give in mate - how far did you get and what did you get stuck on?
Sorry for taking a while to reply. Soon as I saw that wiring module I just put all the trim back haha. It's not worth me cocking something up and causing an expensive problem.

Too many for me. Someone offered me 50 quid for the kit but not willing to take that although it's better than having it sat in the kitchen drawer I guess!
Stick it on eBay put what you would like to achieve with a best offer option

Its a lot of wires but only one of them has to be joined and you can even twist that around the existing connector base and pop a little insulation tape on if you don't want to splice it, the others bits are new pins that slot into their holes, the bcm plugs come out easy and slide apart easy to get the new wires in, easier than the smaller ones and the other connection is a ground which you will find below the front passenger side fuse box.

I know its daunting but after pulling the trim off and having a good look at one of the plugs its not too bad, honest!

I take it you have already had the trim off in the passenger footwell? If not I have the manuals which basically tell you to pull it off :)

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
Its a lot of wires but only one of them has to be joined and you can even twist that around the existing connector base and pop a little insulation tape on if you don't want to splice it, the others bits are new pins that slot into their holes, the bcm plugs come out easy and slide apart easy to get the new wires in, easier than the smaller ones and the other connection is a ground which you will find below the front passenger side fuse box.

I know its daunting but after pulling the trim off and having a good look at one of the plugs its not too bad, honest!

I take it you have already had the trim off in the passenger footwell? If not I have the manuals which basically tell you to pull it off :)
Share those that would be great!

Revisiting this as not having Auto Hold continues to annoy me more and more - especially using the wifes new A6 that has it - and given I am now keeping my car until Aug 2020 I am very tempted to buy another retrofit kit.
Last time I spent £150 on one, couldnt fit it (a bit beyond my ability) and sold it for less than half.
Not wanting to waste money again I am looking for someone in the north west who can fit the kit for me and I can put a bit of cash their way. An autoelectician wants at least £200 so not an option!
Any help appreeciated.