Auto hand brake

Andybanksuk

Reaction score
In my previous A6 C7, if you had auto hold enabled, put the auto gear box into P and went to exit the car, the handbrake would be automatically applied.

This doesn't seem to happen consistently on my 2020 A4 - in fact it has only happened once.

Should the handbrake automatically apply or does it always need to be applied manually?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

In my previous A6 C7, if you had auto hold enabled, put the auto gear box into P and went to exit the car, the handbrake would be automatically applied.

This doesn't seem to happen consistently on my 2020 A4 - in fact it has only happened once.

Should the handbrake automatically apply or does it always need to be applied manually?

Only if autohold is enabled. Otherwise just code the abs module to do it everytime :)

I’m glad to hear that Audi listen to and learn from criticism.
This has been an issue since the first B9’s. I once thought it was dependant on the level of the ground you parked on but it’s not, it could just as easily depend on the colour of the socks you’re wearing...

I used Carista to code my S4 to auto apply the handbrake as soon as the ignition is turned off. Now don't get that slush box roll into P when existing the car.

Reactions: Kondax and cuke2u
I used Carista to code my S4 to auto apply the handbrake as soon as the ignition is turned off. Now don't get that slush box roll into P when existing the car.
Perfect! I'll dig my old carista dongle out. Thank you.

Got one of the 2020 models as a Loaner. I see the same thing. It’s a pain if I’m honest. I disabled it. No need for it personally. Think it has to do with what gradient the car is sitting on. I could be wrong.

Nope, tried different gradients, car forwards or backwards, different pressure on the brake pedal as well. Still as random as hell...

Reactions: WesT-gefül
If the auto stop (engine cutout) function is activated by a harder brake press? I know if you don’t touch the brake hard the engine won’t stop. Does it work with that?

The ehb is random whatever you do, but yes a soft touch of the brake pedal should mean the start stop should not be implemented...