1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Auto folding mirrors and wind deflectors

Audigit Nov 5, 2016

1. Audigit

Audigit Active Member VCDS Map User

Good morning my fellow Audi lovers...

After ordering my facelift LED rear lights last night I've set my sights on getting auto folding mirrors.

My question is, do the mirrors foul on the wind deflectors? As my manual folding mirrors do on my Team Heko ones?

Anyone have both wind deflectors and auto folding mirrors?

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

linapie likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Lavis89

Lavis89 Well-Known Member Regional Rep

I have both, they do foul slightly, the wind deflectors thankfully bend very easily and spring right back when the mirrors swing out again

Audigit likes this.
  4. aziar mir

aziar mir Registered User

On my 2015 a6 c7.5 fl, when my mirrors fold in they push n rub on the heko wind deflectors. Also sometimes mirrors wont unfold. On starting the car. And i have to used the mirror fold/unfold switch.
    So i think the mirrors dont reach home postion when folding. So then when you start the car they wont unfold. As they dont know if there folded or not.

5. Super Nintendo Chalmers

Super Nintendo Chalmers Registered User

I experienced contact between the mirrors after fitting wind deflectors.

It actually started to remove some paint so i cut off the lower half of the wind deflector so that they finishes above the point where the mirrors would have been in contact.

If you do do this, the deflectors apear to be somewhat brittle so wear eye protection and use good quality circular saw.

GAS MONKEY likes this.
  6. cbeadle2508

cbeadle2508 Registered User

I had team heko wind deflectors with my power fold mirrors and they fouled slightly and squashed the deflectors in. so I turned the fold in option on the mirrors off in the MMI. I kept it like that for a while and then decided i'd prefer to have the mirrors fold than the deflectors on so I removed them all!!!

DickoB8 likes this.