Facelift Auto express long term review

Decent write up... but 31mpg :hubbahubba: Mine is average of 22mpg over 3050 miles haha.

Decent write up... but 31mpg :hubbahubba: Mine is average of 22mpg over 3050 miles haha.

I got 31mpg the other day on a real slow jaunt to Heathrow in heavy traffic not chance to boot it all all and not more than 60mph.
Autoexpress must do their long term tests like Driving Miss Daisy!

I got 31mpg the other day on a real slow jaunt to Heathrow in heavy traffic not chance to boot it all all and not more than 60mph.
Autoexpress must do their long term tests like Driving Miss Daisy!

I've had 30 on a long distance trip, but my long term average is 22 haha. I have had it as low as 11 for a single trip when the engine isn't warm and i've been sat in traffic!

Impressive that the insurance quote is based on a 42 year old with 3 points and it is £1,700!!!
I have 6, am 28 and it's less than half of that.

Jesus
£1745 quote for insurance:scared2:

Mine is £2700 this year, recent quotes have it coming up nearly double that.

No words for these insurance companies. I’ve got 3 years NCD, totally clean. In the month leading up to my RS3 being built I got quotes of £1000, £2700 I took out 6 weeks later was with a huge multi car discount too (around £500 or so)

Reactions: hood
I remember those days.
I paid £2400 back in the day to insure a new MR2-madness
My quote for the new RS3 tonight after reading that article was £480 which I can stomach just about.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Hey!! Certainly have thanks and I appreciate the shout out! Love the thing......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah cool :icon thumright:

Have we missed your write up & pics sorry ?

What did you get in the end - colour / spec etc ?

Reactions: Terminator x and Bristle Hound
My insurance is 675 for a 49 year old with 0 points and full protected 30 years ncd, though most insurers only go to 9 years. Direct line initially wanted 750 but I negotiated them down. Comparison sites are a joke now as not all insurers go through them

My insurance is 675 for a 49 year old with 0 points and full protected 30 years ncd, though most insurers only go to 9 years. Direct line initially wanted 750 but I negotiated them down. Comparison sites are a joke now as not all insurers go through them

You know you can't get to 30yrs ncd unless you're permanently with SAGA, they have unlimited ncd.
Majority of insurers go up to 9yrs.
Some only 6yrs.
And I believe AVIVA go to 15 max.

I've had a few issues with ncd over the years with previous insurers i.e changing from one to the other and the insurers various applications of ncd differences.

You know you can't get to 30yrs ncd unless you're permanently with SAGA, they have unlimited ncd.
Some only 6yrs.

I've had a few issues with ncd over the years with previous insurers i.e changing from one to the other and the insurers various applications of ncd differences.

Think Ive got 16 years ncd there was a time when I was 17 when I would be happy with 16 weeks ncd hahaha

Some only 6yrs.

Eh, that's why I stated ....most insurers only go to 9 years

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

So I just used comparethemarket to see what my quotes came to... if anyone else uses other sites please do let me know.

I am already with Admiral and I am not likely to change as they always give customer loyalty discounts (or thats what they say it is!).

So all of the premiums have an compulsory excess (good reason to get excess insurance to avoid that) and the cheapest I found without spending too long was £707 a year with an £800 total excess. I am 36, no points on my licence (but I have 3 points that are still on the system) and I had an accident last year not my fault.

So I just used comparethemarket to see what my quotes came to... if anyone else uses other sites please do let me know.

I am already with Admiral and I am not likely to change as they always give customer loyalty discounts (or thats what they say it is!).

So all of the premiums have an compulsory excess (good reason to get excess insurance to avoid that) and the cheapest I found without spending too long was £707 a year with an £800 total excess. I am 36, no points on my licence (but I have 3 points that are still on the system) and I had an accident last year not my fault.

That’s a real good price. Best prices I’ve found though are with Admiral / Elephant direct, they are the same company and Elephant are normally a smidge cheaper.

In the end, and after much shopping around I paid just under £800 with Admiral, 9 years NCD & 6 points. I am 28.

If any of you have ever heard of a website called topcashback you can get £50 cashback from most insurers as a new customer as well! So my admiral policy was closer to £750

If you don't have a topcashback account let me know, I can refer you and you'll get a sign up bonus too.

In the end, and after much shopping around I paid just under £800 with Admiral, 9 years NCD & 6 points. I am 28.

If any of you have ever heard of a website called topcashback you can get £50 cashback from most insurers as a new customer as well! So my admiral policy was closer to £750

If you don't have a topcashback account let me know, I can refer you and you'll get a sign up bonus too.

Did you go direct to Admiral for that price... I’m 29 with 9 years no claims and no point and can’t get it that low? They come back just over £900 for me but that through comparison sites

...also, Quidco are a similar site to TopCashBack if anyone’s interested... and if you’re not a customer I can refer you haha

There is a multiplier on insurance based on location. Two identical drivers living in different places can get very different prices.

Reactions: Phil3
I expect my actual insurance to be less than those estimates as it would be a renewal of my previous and they will hopefully discount it more.

i am 49 and full no claims price came out at 388.00 which is cheaper than my sq5