Auto dimming rear view mirror

gary3306

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve not really taken much notice before but having just fitted folding mirrors yesterday, they came with auto dimming mirror glass. Thing is, the little green light on my rearview mirror is lit but it doesn’t react to the sensor being covered, or bright light being shone onto the face of the mirror. Consequently, the door mirrors don’t auto dim. Anybody had this happen or know what’s occurring (or not)? Thanks

Cover rear sensor on passenger side of rear view mirror, shine torch on front & also cover the front screen combo light rain sensor by putting a dark cloth or clothing on the windscreen, if it still doesn't dim then the side mirror wires are crossed & this causes the dimming to not work, unplug the dimming connectors on the side mirror glass & see if it works then, if so then wires are crossed.

Reactions: gary3306
I’ll try that in the morning. The mirror glass has the two small connectors for the heated elements but the dimming wires are on a small plug. Is it still possible to get that plug in the wrong way? Thanks for the reply

No it only goes one way but the wires on the mirror & door hinge connectors sometimes are.

Ok, the rear view mirror does work. However the door mirrors don’t dim. I wouldn’t have thought they would need coding in
Am I wrong?