Auto Close windows on A3?

Diamond

Reaction score
Hi,

On my current Ford Focus if i leave the windows down after getting out of the car and press and hold the locked button on my key fob its not only locks the doors but also send the windows back up. Does the Audi A3 have this?

yup, also same for unlocking - winds down the windows. also if you have a sunroof, it will open and close that

Just remember if it has had the battery disconnected the windows have to be reset as in the manual
If not the Auto open and close from key will not work

You can also enable the auto closing option using VCDS to save you having to hold the key until they close.

Paul

anyone know what control mudule setting its under in vcds ?

If i remember correctly it is under Central Electrics -09.
you need to go to the long coding helper and look in there. I enabled mine a couple weeks back and it works fine. need to hold button down for about 2 seconds and then once it starts winding up let the button go and it will fully close the windows.

Not being dumb at all mate.

VCDS (formely known as VAG-COM) is a tool that connects a computer to your VAG car and allows diagnostics and other stuff such as tweaking etc.. really good tool and well worth the investment!

Not being dumb at all mate.

VCDS (formely known as VAG-COM) is a tool that connects a computer to your VAG car and allows diagnostics and other stuff such as tweaking etc.. really good tool and well worth the investment!

Many Thanks!:icon_thumright:

No problem, check out the VCDS thread, a cool guy on here called NHN sells VCDS, at a good price too so I hear, might be worthwhile checking it out if you're interested!

I've read it before somewhere but to save searching for it how do you reset the auto windows via the switch?

I've read it before somewhere but to save searching for it how do you reset the auto windows via the switch?

open and shut the particular window several times. I just kept doing it until it worked!

I wonder how that cheap VCDS, VAG COM on ebay and made in china works lol

to reset it you need to open and close the window once.... hold the switch down all the way till its open and then all the way up again until its closed in one motion. it should then work on the one touch open/close.
You will need to do it to every window.

I wonder how that cheap VCDS, VAG COM on ebay and made in china works lol

Not very well.

Buy the genuine cable, it is worth it for the support alone.

Doesn't take many visits to Audi at £40-£50 a go to pay for a genuine cable.

Paul

I've Looked in Central Electrics -09 & Central Convinience - 46 on VCDS. And it's all blank in the Long Code Help. Can Somebody give me the code so I can Manually put in the code ?

Not very well.

Buy the genuine cable, it is worth it for the support alone.

Doesn't take many visits to Audi at £40-£50 a go to pay for a genuine cable.

Paul

Yes Pauls I know cheap stuff is never worth the risk,espically on a car.

Will buy a genuine one when funds allow as buying so much things at the moment

Hi,

On my current Ford Focus if i leave the windows down after getting out of the car and press and hold the locked button on my key fob its not only locks the doors but also send the windows back up. Does the Audi A3 have this?

To reset the memory settings for your window, press the button for each window down and hold it for 2-5 seconds. Then, raise the same window and hold the button for 2-5 seconds.