1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Auto boot opening

Tom Shields May 2, 2019

1. Tom Shields

Tom Shields Member VCDS Map User

Hi,

I'm wanting to fit auto boot opening on my 3 door PFL A3.

Anyone have any part numbers or links to where they bought the parts

TIA

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Silver Supporter

@creweaudiparts

@DJAlix

Any ideas on this ? Could be interested myself .

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

4. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

A Google search will turn up 3rd party solutions as only the saloon (maybe Cabrio also?) has this from factory.

Scotty75 likes this.
  5. Lehn

Lehn Registered User

Basically you got two options: to install two small springs on the execisting gas struts or replacing the struts with a version with springs already mounted.

First option here: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/auto-trunk-opener-sportback.345735/

Talked to a guy on Instagram who did the last option but unfortunately I can't find the parts on Ebay. However, you can talk to the seller on facebook.

upload_2019-5-2_8-21-4.png

upload_2019-5-2_8-20-32.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    DJAlix, NHN and Scotty75 like this.
  6. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Registered User

That’s interesting.
    One of the things I miss from my a6 is the electronic boot that I can remotely open and close. This will give me half of it at least.

7. KieranJ22

KieranJ22 Registered User

The a3 saloon has remote boot opening? Does it close too?

8. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

No...

9. allanmb

allanmb Registered User

I've been interested in this for a long time but haven't found a place to buy the parts in the UK. If anyone finds a way then I would be up for getting it done. Perhaps a group buy?

10. FredrikA3

FredrikA3 Registered User

First of all, I would not recommend you to install struts that forces the boot to opem automatically. There have been quite a few cases now where the metal part, where the strut is mounted has started to show visible damage.

Also, many says that it may work for about 6 months and then the power of the struts are no longer strong enough to open the boot lid.

A retrofitter in Denmark just started installing these and have quite good results. It is not OEM and I am not sure if available for all models: https://www.autoease.com/product/liftgate/

springer likes this.