AUM code 17705 - pressure drop between the turbo and the throttle vlave! HELP!

dewibull

Reaction score
hey guys
My a3 is startin to p*** me off now
icon_sad.gif
Its been losing power after the turbo kicks in and misfiring alot. i put a scanner on and the code 17705 "pressure drop between the turbo and the throttle valve" came up.......i dont have a clue wat is wrong with it. the oil has jus been changed, and also had 4 new plugs put in. If any 1 knows how to fix this i would much appreciate it

boost leak somewhere. Check all the pipes for splits, especially the ones under the inlet manifold( PVC system)

Cheers. iv noticed near the dump valve there some "gunk" but cnt find a split....could that be anything?

17705/P1297/004759 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

Possible Symptoms

• Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
  • Power Loss
Possible Causes

• Leaking Hoses and/or Pipes between Components
  • Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249) faulty
  • Diverter Valve faulty
  • Throttle Body dirty
Possible Solutions

• Check Hoses and Pipes between Components
  • Check / Replace Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249)
  • Check / Replace Diverter Valve
  • Check / Clean Throttle Body
    • Perform Throttle Body Alignment
Special Notes

• Did anyone install an extra (wrong) dump valve?
  • When found in the NAR 2.0T (BPY) check RVUTB: 01-09-03 or 2018919 for updated Crankcase Breather Valve
    • If the breather valve is faulty, full engine vacuum is typically found when removing the oil cap at idle.

Ive seen this issue twice before and the leak turned out to be part of the N249 valve system. See this thread which tells you how to delete it:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/genera...ass-how-2000-s3-but-same-many.html#post858042

My wifes car has had that error code since we bought it just over 12 months ago, iv looked and looked for boost leak but cant find it, the car runs perfect and compared to my car hers runs just as well, no noticable difference in power.

DC.

My Audi A3 2002 1.8T AUM had split vacuum hoses Malfunction Indicator Light came on this fault was logged
1 Fault Found:
17608 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Mechanical Malfunction
P1200 - 35-00 - -

So i changed 2 breather hoses and some of the small vacuum pipes under inlet manifold which were split
a few days later MIL light reappeared

1 Fault Found:
17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
P1297 - 35-00 - -

so i bought a new Diverter Valve of flea bay all looked good but then a few days later MIL reappeared again with these faults
2 Faults Found:
17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
P1297 - 35-00 - -
17545 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Add): System too Rich
P1137 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I reset throttle car has been running sweet as a nut for three weeks without throwing up an error

hope this helps

Last edited: