auid s3 8l repalce 650cc injectors advice please

oldcar

Reaction score
Guys,

Before I change to a hybrid turbo-9 blades, (320-350hp) I need to change injectors from stock 389cc to 650cc injectors before tuning. Car is running revo 1 atm.

Could I change to 650cc now ??Would the car still run normally beofre I change the turbo?

Thanks

Injectors will need mapping in at time of fitment.

You will more than likely need to uprate your fuel pump aswell to cope with the extra fuelling.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Reactions: oldcar
650's are a bit big for a hybrid tbh... I would take the advice of whoever you are getting to tune it for thier preference... most people use Bosch 550's as they just work and most tuners have these dialled in nicely...

Leave the injectors off until you get to the tuners... change them on the day once there, won't take long... unplug N75 electrically once you have fitted the hybrid and it will be fine... (assuming its not got a stupid 30psi actuator or something)

Fitting the larger injectors now will just drown the engine in fuel and the ECU will struggle to pull it back especially if using 650's...

Do NOT run the hybrid on anything other than actuator pressure until mapped...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: oldcar
thanks guys. I want be too greedy on injectors, stick to 550cc.

yes, audi has 2 oxygen sensors, one was located before cat. Its a wide band for sure.