August Meet South central/South East

afcbjoshd

Reaction score
Hi guys, the next meet will be in August, not the 12th as that's AITP! :) So I'm suggesting the Sunday after which will be the 19th August. If not that then the 26th?

The meet is held at Beaulieu Motor museum car park - follow the one way system round past the entrance to the museum and we park at the far end of that car park - go slow it's not a smooth bit of road. We have VCDS and got some logging done last time as well as some minor mods/changes.

It's a meet just to have a chat about cars/life etc and meet likeminded enthusiasts! We usually scan with VCDS for fault codes and clear them, compare mods and suggest ideas on how to improve the cars and then go for a drive and a drink in the surrounding area. We got a good turn out last time so let's have another good one.

This thread is to chat about the meet - none of these details are set in stone if you can/can't make it post and we might be able to change things around to suit the biggest turnout etc. Everyone welcome, any car etc. If you know someone in the area that hasn't posted in here or doesn't know about the meet PM them - that's what I did to get the turnout last time!

If you know you can make it once the details are arranged add your name to the list and i'll update this post occasionally with the new attendees.

Thanks, Josh

UPDATE: THERE WILL BE A 'BEST CAR OF THE MEET' AWARD JUDGED BY ALL ATTENDEES ANONYMOUSLY. THE WINNER WILL GET A FREE DRINK OF THEIR CHOICE (WITHIN REASON) AT WHATEVER PUB WE END UP AT. IF THAT ISN'T INCENTIVE TO COME I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS!

EDIT : Sunday 19th @ Beaulieu:

LIST

1. Jtothed (Josh) + 1 maybe...
2. rockett
3. Tarquin +1/2?!
4. Dans3
5. ads_audia3 - possible
6. future (tom)

Last edited:
I'm new to the Audi world, I'd be up for meeting some other Audi owners! Used to go to a lot of meets with the Mk2 Golf Owners, got to meet some good peeps and pick up some brilliant tips & ideas.

Will do my best to make it

Tarq

I'm new to the Audi world, I'd be up for meeting some other Audi owners! Used to go to a lot of meets with the Mk2 Golf Owners, got to meet some good peeps and pick up some brilliant tips & ideas.

Will do my best to make it

Tarq

sweet fella and it's not too far from you!

josh do you have a postcode mate?

so42 7zn - it's a long way from essex! 300 mile round trip for you! I'm surprised we haven't had more interest from more of the London lot yet as we could always do a big meet where everyone travels a bit further but we get more people along!

thats the only thing, we cover such a distance i think it might be hard to get people to do some traveling haha

maybe we could get a london and surrounding meet going and every now and then have a meet inbetween us all?

well yeah that's what this forum is for mate - anyone can create their own meets - feel free to create an essex meet for yourself if you like. and i'll try and get a bigger meet set up maybe hold it this side of london, maybe guildford or something then it's like 70-80-90 miles for most people and for others slightly less. of course we'll be able to meet up at aitp anyway

I will check i am free for the 19th of August and let you know Josh, picking up my new MAF on the way home so my car should be back up and running asap :)

Can't make this, forgot that I'm at a dyno day with AudiSRS on 26th

i'll try and get one set up - maybe at regal s'ton or something so it's a bit closer to here - i'll just need to give them a ring or something. anyway so any more for this meet then, so far it's either the 19th or 26th

I think regal autosport used to be site sonsors or at least used to have a section in the forum so am pretty sure are aware of ASN so defo worth giving them a shout and seeing waht they can offer for a rolling road day. As am sure if we can get 10 or so cars to come along they can offer some sort of discount etc for running a RR session for us.

On a side note my new MAF is fitted now so am back up and running so ready for the next meet now :)

yup i think the 19th should be ok for me :)

Thanks to Vrbob for reminding me about this section and the message from JtotheD
If I can make it I'll be likely to bring the A3 8L first time, and then bring the A3 8P replacement next time... Hopefully will be there

Annoyingly i think my availability for the 19th has changed so think i am going to have to back out of our mini meet for now but i could possibly switch to the 26th instead. But either way i will make another one asap.

no need to change dates just for me as its my fault as i got my girlfriends work schedule mixed up and the 19th is the first weekend she has had off in like 3 weeks! Pretty sure she is working the weekend of the 26th so if no mini meet is possible i could maybe do a tinkering session at somepoint or maybe one evening in the week.

Well am sorry but defo cant make the 19th now :(

Am off work now for a couple of weeks so can do some tinkering one day if your about. Also got some jobs to do as gotta finish refurbing my RSTT`s and also want to give the car a good detailing session at somepoint soon as these are both things that dont cost money lol.

As now i am trying to save up for my shopping list of bits which include in no particular order : Zada Tech boost Gauge, Relentless V3 downpipe, Some sort of FMIC, and some porka brakes :)

Hi everyone, just recently joined the forum and wouldnt mind meeting people to have a chat and get to know you all. Thankfully this is about 5 minutes away from my house so its perfect. Look forward to seeing people :)

lovely.

UPDATE: I am suggesting we have a 'best car of the meet award' judged by all attendees anonymously. (I'll bring paper and pens). The winner will get a free drink at whatever pub we end up at. IF that isn't incentive to come I don't know what is!

Josh

Hi South Easteners.
Am a newbie to the forum and a bit far away from Beaulieu for this Sunday. Nevertheless it is my old stomping ground as am from Southampton and parents still live there, so will be using fleeting visits for cups of tea as an excuse to disappear out for the afternoon on future occasions!
Quick question. Does this thread automatically include me into the South East sub club, or is there some form of initiation required involving rolled up socks whilst standing on one leg?

Hi and welcome from another newbie. I believe if you add your name in a post on the SOUTH/SOUTH EAST MEMBERS LIST post, haven't heard anything about socks or one leg yet :think:

Reactions: Nagasaki