Audrey The Dirty Derv Build

Nice pics mate, cars lookin good there! Is that led sidelights? I have them, really look good in the facelift lights dont they!

Very nice mate, what sort of alloys you thinking off ? Going for coilovers or just springs ?

Thanks. :)

It would properly be springs over coilys.
I dont want a massive drop and dont want to lose my ride comfort with our roads being as bad as they are and the amount of miles I do.
Not sure what wheels I want.
Don't want massive 18s or any thing. Be happy with the style I got but in 17".
Tyres and suspension has all been put on a hold for the moment.
Got a couple of little jobs I want to complete first.

Unless something comes up at the right price.

My weekend task is to fit this lot.

2011_04_12_1191.jpg

One thing I completely forgot to check is if the Auto gear selection area will fit this facelift dash.
Opps. :keule:

Last edited:
I assume you have the facelfit foglight control unit too?

You also need to add a pin to the HVAC for it to light up correctly

Also not the facelift front section won't mount to a prefacelift rear console bit. EDIT, I just noticed the rear section, ignore me....

Good luck

I assume you have the facelfit foglight control unit too?

You also need to add a pin to the HVAC for it to light up correctly

Also not the facelift front section won't mount to a prefacelift rear console bit. EDIT, I just noticed the rear section, ignore me....

Good luck

Nope, got something else planned for that.....Thats a lie, I have nothing planned apart from the fact that I dont want the switches up front.
I want another cup holder but I can't find my spare cup holder. :(

I fitted my facelift dash today all went well, rerouted some cables and attempted to tied up the hole area. Couple of little issues but i'll get to them after the images.

Here are the pics of the change.

From this
IMG_6000.jpg

To this
2011_04_14_1213.jpg

Then to this
2011_04_15_1219.jpg

2011_04_15_1220.jpg

2011_04_15_1239.jpg

I also fitted facelift vents.

Couple of little things I need to finish off:=-

1. Get the Correct colour Screw blanks. You can see the wrong colour ones fitted in the 4th pic.
  2. Get a automatic gear surround, The manual one does not fit to well.
  3. Get the facelift stereo blanks.
  4. Wire up the fog lights or do something else. I've not really thought about it yet. I was hoping to fit my other cup holder but I can't find it.
  5. My blower has stopped working for some reason. It was working fine when all was out but not its all in, its not working. No idea why.
  6. The cigarette lighter has stopped working as well. That was working fine then stopped working. After the fan stopped.
That's it really. The centre console is black and the rest of my dash is Oynx but the high sections of the dash and door cards are black and you can't really notice it. I would like a wooden top section to match the rest of the wood.

I had this turn up today as well.
2011_04_15_1251.jpg

Might try and fit it tomorrow, see if I can get the needed parts.

The fan works when it wants to, time to replace the brushes.
the cigarette lighter only works when the lights are off. I think I messed up the wiring a little bit.

Time to correct my wiring **** up tomorrow.
I ordered some replacement brushes, so i'll have to do them next week.

I fixed the **** up with the cigarette lighter, I forgot to swap the two outer cables over on the Pre-facelift loom. It now works fine.

I also fitted the armrest storage illumination LED. Loads of room between the armrest and plastic covering for the cable. I also cleaned all the hinge and locking mech.

This is what I bought
2011_04_15_1251.jpg

This is what it looks like on a A4 B6.
ArmrestLighting006.jpg

This is how it looks on my A5 B5.
2011_04_17_1267.jpg

Small issue with it being like that. All the light shines up and out of the compartment.
It should be like this.
2011_04_17_1272.jpg

I need to make a bracket up for it to keep it at that angle.

My rear bad fell off. so removed the glue and polished the area up.
I'm now sure. I do know that you can see the dent alot easier with no badge and I really need the bumper respraying.
2011_04_17_1273.jpg

Bit of random bit of info and also a reminder for me.
My dash Code is BN - Slate (Grey)
My Paint Code is LZ3L - HIBISKUS RED PEARL
My Centre Console is 6DP - Oynx

Good work on the facelift dash ! Any plans for the wood trim ?

It never crossed my mind until I did the dash but now I'm putting more thought in to it.
I'm tempted to resurrect an old idea I had and use the wood trim as a test.
If it works then I'll keep it and cover it, not sure what in though. Piano black is tempting.

If it fails and looks poo then I'll change it to this since I got two out of the needed 6 sections and I dont think it looks that bad.
2011_04_17_1276.jpg

Last edited:
Gave the car a service this weekend oil and filters.
Fitted all new undertray clips.
Fitted new dryer unit, AC compressor and got it regassed.
Service complete, AC working again and under tray now attached correctly and fully.

Also dropped the car off to the body shop to get the dents, rust and marks sorted out on the passenger side.
Kind of scared. never dropped a car off to the body shop before. lol

Also ordered some dash parts and some new mirrors. :)

Almost got all the parts I need. Need to phone audi and order some cables and a switch.
Then drop some parts off to the body shop then I can crack on and get it all fitted.

But in the mean time I finished off my dash with some much needed parts.

IMAG0341.jpg

Pre Facelift All theway.........Yassssssssssss!

That looks ****e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Not much happening with Audrey at the moment.
I'm half way through a couple of little bits and just waiting for parts to complete projects I started months ago.
Thought its better to finish the started ones before I start any more. :)

Here is one of the complete little projects
243960_10150202100046571_677011570_7361530_5031629_o.jpg

Nothing massive but it does make the bay look a bit better.
Got to order some new caps and bottles to clean it up even more.
I'm going to make a new blanking plate in the next couple of days to remove the EGR valve.

Make me a blanking plate while your at it :D lol

Engine covers look good, still need to get myself the one that covers the battery up, your engine bay looks so much tidier then mine with it. Also need a new engine cover as I broke mine.

Make me a blanking plate while your at it :D lol

Engine covers look good, still need to get myself the one that covers the battery up, your engine bay looks so much tidier then mine with it. Also need a new engine cover as I broke mine.

i'll make a batch of them and had them out to people who wants them on here.

I need a new battery cover as mine is broken :(
Its getting there, needs a good clean though.

Cheers bud, put me down for one, sick of the oil leaking out the damn thing, will send some $ your way for it and to cover postage.

What is the cover on top of the airbox? I see it's got a vent in it, is that just for show or has the airbox been modified?

Cheers bud, put me down for one, sick of the oil leaking out the damn thing, will send some $ your way for it and to cover postage.

What is the cover on top of the airbox? I see it's got a vent in it, is that just for show or has the airbox been modified?

I'll do my best mate. Weather is causing issues with making theses but I have got two more days.

Just got some little bits from TonyA4 to tidy up and fix some bits I got thats annoying me.
nothing that interesting, Boot sides so My load cover can stay back they are face lift sides with the extra 12v socket, new 3rd brake light since my LED conversion failed and some extra boot tie down bits for my boot build, If i ever get my *** in gear and build it.

I'll get some pics up onces it all been cleaned and fitted.

New rear door blades from Foxmister.

IMAG0411.jpg

Looks so much better but makes the front looks awfully.
Time to buy some new front ones I think.

Good stuff Scott, glad to see them going to good use.

Theres a place that does the modified style blades without metal, think they are circa £25 each. Cant mind the name off the top of my head but can look into if you want them?

Good stuff Scott, glad to see them going to good use.

Theres a place that does the modified style blades without metal, think they are circa £25 each. Cant mind the name off the top of my head but can look into if you want them?

It looks so much better now.
Pass the details on mate. Really need to sort the fronts out now. They look awful and god knows what's holding them on.

Just been out and fitted my electric folding mirrors.

Not much to say but its a cheapest mod and if you like gadgets and extras its worth doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The misses bought me a set of VW interior lights with the mood LEDs.
Fitted lovely and all normal lights work. Need to wire up the mood ones, not enough time on the ferry.
Only down side and kind of my fault caused I showed her the set I wanted. The colour is wrong. Going to email the place they came from to try and get a different colour if possible, if not ill paint them.

Before
1f6ac2cf-89a5-6c3c.jpg

After
1f6ac2cf-89e9-80ea.jpg

Looking good now mate, talk about alot of extras you've got on her now.

Looking good now mate, talk about alot of extras you've got on her now.

Thanks mate.

Not keen on the colour match.
It to light when next to the grey.
Time to decide if I get it painted or covered.

What other extras was there?
Heated seats are being planned at the moment and hopefully in before winter. Tempted to do rears if I can source some pads.

Heated seats are a must, could also go down the road of auto lights, auto wipers, you seem to have got just about everything else covered.