AudiS3-Turbo's Thread

AudiS3-Turbo

Reaction score
Hello folks,my mate Gav pointed me in the direction of this site,lots of usefull info which i will more than likely need at sime point :happy:

My history of cars has always been vag but mainly corrados....and the VR6 motor :laugh: which with not much doning to internal work will run 400hp all day long and without complaint.

This is my current corrado which looks like will be sold this fri as ive been wanting to play with haldex for some time and it would be nice to put some most of the power down to tarmac.

anyhoo the raddo.....75% of parts ive fabricated,will probably do the same with the S3 at some point.

13032010124.jpg

DSCF1178.jpg

So i should be looking out for a nice S3 prefably facelift in a few weeks time :icon_thumright:

later

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Audi-Rog
superb. look forward to seeing any S3 you tinker with :icon_thumright:

Wow, gorgeous corrado!!! Love it, always wanted one but never got around to it!!!! No idea how you can part with her!!!!! Good luck with the S3 another nice motor, post pics when you get it. Oh welcome by the way!!!

alright bud, good to see you found us :)

its all my fault hes selling the raddo :(

well the raddo sold yesterday,sad day indeed so i need my new fix asap!! :motz:

So ive found a S3 in imola yellow that i love to bits,going to see/buy it next sunday...its from a member off here so it should be good with some extras on to get me started...:icon_thumright:

this is the car....http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1633252.htm

Last edited:
Well ive bought the one from Mike off here aka indiemike,had a good drive home and it will be so well looked after,im not sure if this forum has a members area?

So i will just add them in here for now.

Well today i had the day off so i can have a long bank holiday off and this is the first time ive been able to wash and detail the S3.

Inside all the door checks,boot lid and engine bay etc were filthy for me as im fussy when it comes to the little things....

So 5hrs later the result,not bad...not bad.... :icon_thumright:

Picture015.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Odd seeing one of therse under the hood....very used to seeing a Turbo VR6 lump :laugh:

Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Thanks,it does come up well for a ten year old car! :icon_thumright:

Pulled the front bumper off to spary the intercooler black as i did not like it sticking out like a thumb...for a forge kit im not impressed with the pipework at all....this will be changed later on..:no:

DSCF1001-1.jpg

DSCF1010.jpg

inside shot on the intake of the cooler,not the deflector plate to channel the air to the top as well as the bottom.....but half the cooler is covered up by the bumper and iron...:think:

DSCF1009.jpg

DSCF1012.jpg

DSCF1014.jpg

Today i went down to york drag way and put the s3 through its paces on the 1/4 mile best i got was 14.36,not bad but by the end of the year it will be in the low 12s

03052010500.jpg

Well quick update,had not much cash to play with at the mo,saving for other things means the audi is going to be a slow project (i would like this moving to build threads ) but ive bought an AGU head that will be fitted at some point when i get the rest of the parts over time....also R32 throttle body and agu inlet mnaiufoild that is being chopped up to make how brew log manifold...juts how i like it :happy:

R32 Throttle plate made up by my mate gave,he will be making more as i go along...

IMAG0018.jpg

R32 throttle body.

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

Plate lines up perfect!

IMAG0023.jpg

AGU head..

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

AGU Manifold ready for the chop !

IMAG0022.jpg

Also had some spare time on my hands yesterday and thought to do some more detailingmas im running this over the winter i wanted no mud for the salt to cling to and corrode....i so hate the stuff and they cleaned up well with no signs of rust what so ever,****** good for 10 year old car!

anyway,3 hours later...and i was very wet :haha:

DSC_0117-1.jpg

DSC_0118-1.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

Neat snow foam with scrubbing brush and the jet wash... :cool:

DSC_0121-1.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

Then jet washed and cleaned up well,no rust at all so well happy!

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

i hate these wheels but the will have to do for now.

DSC_0122.jpg

Also deside to black out the Audi rings on the rear and front including the grill surround in satin black.....me likes! :laugh:

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

Also got the nod of approval from the monkey... :p

DSC_0126.jpg

Looking better all the time. I need to do the arches but the weathers been too bad lately! Good mods to the grill and badges!

Love it mate! Could you tell me how I go about doing my grille/rings satin black?

Looking better all the time. I need to do the arches but the weathers been too bad lately! Good mods to the grill and badges!

Thanks Sarah! i do like the the little things,now i can see my arches glow yellow when i walk up to the car :happy:

Love it mate! Could you tell me how I go about doing my grille/rings satin black?

Thanks bud,just pop the rings and grill surround off,they just clip in,then use scotch pad to take the shine off the chrome and have a surface for the paint to adhere to,then apply some light heat to the parts you are painting,for the paint i used hammerite satin finish,apply even coats and take your time,let them dry in the house for 24hrs before handling them,job done!

Looking smooth matey, cant wait to see how this unfolds :o.k:

Cheers matey,this will be a slow progress build for sure and to be fair im still undesided on using the 1.8t for what im after,but time will tell :laugh:

Don't laugh!!!! Is a scotch pad a sanding block? and did you use Hammerite Metal (Rust to metal) Satin black spray?

Many thanks

Chris

its a flexible sanding pad,but fine sandpaper will do something around 1500 grit and yea it was the no primer hammerite that i used,hope that helps mate

You can also get the sponges too, almost like a scouring pad, not sure what they are called, they just take the shine off so its a good surface for the paint to key to.

Cheers James & Sarah, well i've done my lower bumper grille this morning and it's drying now so fingers crossed! The last time I did any painting was at primary school!!!!!

Cant bare this anymore... I want it back, how much u wanna sell it for lol

Is looking very good as usual

What wheels you putting on there? Reckon some lovely BBS would look a treat, always wanted to stick some BBS Rs-Gt wheels on but never got around to it.

Hows it been running anyways, no problems or anything?

Cant bare this anymore... I want it back, how much u wanna sell it for lol

Is looking very good as usual

What wheels you putting on there? Reckon some lovely BBS would look a treat, always wanted to stick some BBS Rs-Gt wheels on but never got around to it.

Hows it been running anyways, no problems or anything?

Oh what discs did you change to? and are u still running the 2500 pads

Na its mine now :nyah: and still loving it with no problems mate,nothing that i would call a problem thats for sure,just done the cambelt,waterpump,thermostat and all running lovely!

Changed the discs as they were warped and getting on,i used bosch replacment ones,non of this cross drilled rubbish lol,plenty of meat on the pads so i refaced them and reused them.

As for wheel,i waht them to be light to reduce the unsprung weight which will help with the ride allot so oz superleggeras is what i want or 18" s8 wheels with adapters.....but have no money to throw at it yet.....but it will happen!

Well im rolling on the standard avus wheel,prefer this by far!

Well the snow is here and the first time with the car on the loose stuff and my god this is fun! acts like a rwd with front wheel drive assistance.....wierd to get used to unlike 50/50 split 4wd's ive had in the past but i love it :laugh:

DSC_0206.jpg

Some more pics of" one man and his Audi" absolute loving the snow at the mo!

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

Im never going back to two wheel drive!

Cool, no snow on the west coast yet, it did try this morning but not for long. Quattro in the snow is awesome and I can't wait for my go. :laugh:

The S3 in the snow looks great! Really nice car dude, and I agree that the standard Avus look better than the RS6 reps.

Well i best update this thread....but the "new lad" header could do with changing :think:

Anyway,i sold the S3 a while back due to needing a more "practical" car and sold it to a mate how lives down the road.... seeing the car all the time made me want another S3 :blink: and the chance of a silver S3 just up the road from me came up,it was dent free,clean,totally standard S3,had some rust issues on the roof rail and lower drivers door as they all tend to do,but it was so cheap i could not refuse alos the rs4 wheels are genuine items so bonus! ....done the deal and traveled the hole 100 yards back home lol

First point was to sort the suspension out,it sat high at the front ,odd as it had new springs at the rear, unknown what make but they sat low but i had a set of new eibach pro springs from the last S3 as all i wanted out of the set was to replace the snapped rear springs!

Then full service,haldex,diff,gearbox,all wheel alignment the lot was done,also noted a coolant leak around the lower steel hose running along the front of the block,new one ordered at audi ...close to 100 quid!!! new gen stat and G3plus went in....also fitted Phillips 6k unitron bulbs,100w fog lamp bulbs,led side and number plate bulbs and decided to tart the bay up while i was in there :happy:

IMAG0498.jpg

IMAG0115-1.jpg

IMAG0499.jpg

Also fitted the obligatory cupra R splitter and got hold of a Stage 2 revo mapped ecu which im having trouble with... :ermm:

So trying to sort this splutter/hesitation out i fitted a new set of coilpacks,007 diverter valve,NGK plugs recommended on here,SAI delete,N249 delete and so on... still the same lol,i love these 20vt motors :banghead:

IMAG0495.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

As for future,paint in the summer,poweder coat the wheels grey sort of colour...think that will do for now :meeting: